The Coil Tubing Operator participates and directs the loading, unloading of the equipment at the job site; operates and maintains the equipment within the guidelines of the manufacturer’s recommendations. All duties of the Coil Tubing Operator are to be performed according to the Company Operating Procedures in order to maximize the safety of all personnel at the work site and to efficiently perform the task.
• Pass the company’s drug screen.
• Pass the company’s “Physical Functions Assessment”.
• Motor vehicle record qualifies individual to be an approved company driver.
• Acceptable criminal history.
• Must have a valid CDL A driver license with the proper endorsements required for the type vehicle operated, issued by state of residence.
• Ability to read, write and speak English to the extent that they are able to understand verbal and written instructions as well as give verbal and written instructions in English; and the ability to use simple mathematical calculations using whole numbers, fractions and decimals (addition, subtraction, division and multiplication) to make job related calculations.
• Must have good knowledge of oil field and related equipment associated with down-hole processes, pumping of oil field fluids, has well-control training, and is familiar with down-hole tools.
• Knowledge and experience in oilfield well servicing is required.
• Must have the knowledge required to calculate displacement, volumes, fluid weights, pipe tallies and knowledge of pump capabilities.
• Heavy Work- Exerting 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Medium Work.
• This position requires standing, walking, and sitting while working either indoors or outdoors.
• While performing the job, will be required to lift/carry, pull/push, reach, squat, kneel, and or climb ladders or stairs.
• Working conditions for this position may involve exposure to varying environmental conditions. This may include chemicals, gases, cold/heat, noise, dampness, dust, fumes, radiation and heights. Exposure to the above conditions should be handled as prescribed in the Company’s Accident Prevention Handbook and/or the Company’s Standard Operating Procedures.
1. Ensures that quality products and services are provided to the customers including maintaining productivity standards, following safety procedures for a safe working environment and adhering to all applicable governmental regulations for compliance.
2. Turn in operations reports daily to supervisor.
3. Maintains log books, pre-trip/post-trip inspections and maintenance files on the vehicle. This position is responsible for alerting appropriate supervision when mechanical defects are noted on the truck as well as alerting supervision when hours worked may exceed DOT maximums.
4. Directs the spotting of the equipment until placed in position, on the location to ensure all suction and discharge lines are hooked up from the Coil Tubing Unit to the well and from the Coil Tubing Unit to the pit and tank properly.
5. Assembles and prepares tools at the rig-site and oversees the related processes and procedures associated with running tools for a specific task.
6. Maintains current well control certification.
7. Operates specialized Coil Tubing tools for cleaning out of well bores.
8. Ensures the equipment within his/her control is maintained and repairs are carried out as required.
9. Ensures that quality products and services are provided to the customers to resolve concerns, issues, and complaints.
10. Assists Field Foreman by suggesting tools to run in hole to fish rods, tubing, and casing.
11. Requires various types and levels of job related training with respect to the operations of the equipment and Company Standard Operating Procedures and also other specialized training as required by regulatory agencies and the Company.
12. Operates the assigned equipment in accordance with the contractual terms and conditions as requested or designated by customers.
13. Maintains regular contact and communication with customers to resolve concerns, issues and complaints.
14. Washes and maintains Company assigned equipment to Company standards.
15. Continually emphasize safety. Participate or lead safety meetings, hazard hunts and ensures JSA’s are followed.
16. Know, follow and periodically review the requirements established by job policy and procedure. Follow established procedures and guidelines
17. Reports unsafe acts, conditions or hazards immediately
18. Follows instructions given by supervisory personnel.
19. Performs and assumes other duties and responsibilities as may be required by immediate supervisor.
20. Performs the primary thinking called for and encompassed by the overall Position Definition.
21. Adheres to Company policies and work requirements.
Nabors Industries - 2 years ago
Oil and gas exploration and production companies need a little support in order to ply their trade around the globe, and like a good...