Do you have a keen attention to detail and prefer working at night? Then set your sights on a career in our fast-paced environment. Heritage Auctions ( HA.com ) is #1 in the collectibles auction field and our auction categories include coins , sports , comics , historical , entertainment and music ..|
. and many more !
SUMMARY: Responsible for the presentation of items, which includes sorting, cleaning, and labeling.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Pre-auction tasks
- Enter item information into computer system accurately
- Ensure all items are imaged in a timely manner
- Prepare (sort, clean, label) items for auctions
- Post-auction tasks
- Prepare orders for shipping in compliance with established procedures
- Ship orders immediately after auctions
- Process and forward items remaining onsite until payments are received
- Inform supervisors of any discrepancies
- Review and match numbers accurately
- Work the night shift beginning at 3 AM
- Other duties may be assigned
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Must have a high school diploma or equivalent; or 1-2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
SKILLS & ABILITIES: Must be proficient in Microsoft applications, specifically Word and Excel; have excellent communication skills; high ability to effectively multitask and meet deadlines; high willingness to perform repetitive tasks; be highly detail oriented; work well with others and have a positive attitude.
PHYSICAL & MENTAL DEMANDS: To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to withstand long periods of repeating tasks, sitting, walking, looking at a computer monitor, and phone handling for approximately 8-12 hours on a daily basis. Individual may repeatedly lift up to 40 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Individual must be able to work in a fast-paced team environment; work flexible hours and shifts (3:00am to 3:00pm or 6:00am to 6:00pm); work extended hours due to heavy work load Monday-Friday; work extended weekends due to possible business travel, if necessary.
The following are attributes that we are seeking in all employees at Heritage:
- Self-motivation, intelligence, and strong work ethic
- Willingness to learn
- Ability to follow set standards and take direction
- Ability to analyze and propose solutions to problems
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-project, and dynamic environment
- Absolute drive to complete projects on time and in a detailed manner
- Excellent organizational skills: accurate and thorough
- Excellent communication skills: listening, writing, and verbal
We are a non-smoking company and also require that all applicants submit to a drug screen and background check.
Heritage Auctions welcomes and encourages applications from women, minorities, veterans, mature workers and persons with disabilities. EOE
If you are interested in joining the Heritage family, please apply below.