Duties and Responsibilities:|
Under minimal supervision, provides software development support
Develops, codes, tests and debugs new software or enhancements to existing software.
- Possesses a good understanding of business applications and process workflow.
- Be able to master existing applications in an ownership role and be the primary representative for that application to user community.
- Writes code to create single-threaded or user-interface event driven applications, either stand-alone or those which access servers or services.
- Develops code necessary to complete the assigned project(s) in the specified time frame according to departmental standards and guidelines.
- Writes, modifies and debugs software for client applications. Integrates and reuses code across multiple subsystems.
- Proactively workswith the technical staff to understand and resolve software problems, resolves customer concerns and responds to suggestions for software modifications or enhancements. Must communicate well with customer end-users.
- Helps to develop the critical components of the solution, including but not limited to, security, rules infrastructure and application interfaces.
- Profiles, analyzes and optimizes the software he/she is responsible for implementing.
- Learns and employs best practices of the assigned workcenter for design, development, unit testing and test plan development.
- Helps to support completed software throughout the Software Development Life Cycle and in production.
- Works end-to-end on systems from the front-end user interface to the back-end database.
- May be involved in the development of software user manuals and demonstrate software versions in various pre-production stages.
- Seeks to improve personal job-related knowledge and departmental process by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment, participating in educational opportunities, and reading professional publications.
- Bachelor's degree (in Computer Science or related field)
- DoD Secret clearance
- 5-7 years of software development experience.
- Programming experience in Cold Fusion and SQL.
- 3 years experience within DoD developing web-based customer user interfaces for an enterprise-wide Oracle 10g or 11g database, in a financial management setting, using application development software, such as ASP and .NET.
- Financial Development Skills
- DoD PPBE knowledge and budget experience
- Programming experience in PHP, CSS Style Sheets, Java Script, custom markup language tags, XML
- Interfacing skills between application outputs and MS Office standards, especially spreadsheet knowledge
washingtonpost.com - 5 months ago