The Director of Retail Merchandising for Outlet Stores will provide leadership and strategic vision for all aspects of buying and merchandising for Cole Haan Outlet Stores. This includes product assortment and managing product lines selected from the corporate assortment. Will also be responsible for identifying channel specific product needs based on sales analysis and business trends.
- Initiate, plan, execute and achieve annual sales and gross margin expectations by driving a balanced, effective product assortment that meets or exceeds revenue targets and growth.
- Communicate strategy, vision and business results to senior leadership, business partners and field teams.
- Collaborate with Cole Haan business leaders including Design, Corporate Merchandising and other channels to ensure the development of product that caters to the needs of the Cole Haan Outlet Stores.
- Accountable for developing and executing strategy to drive performance and financial results including sales, margins, delivery and overall profitability.
- Partner with Corporate Merchandising to provide direction and strategy for the seasonal line building process by articulating the specific needs of the Outlet Store business and determining optimum product delivery flow and lifecycle.
- Work with the Retail Leadership team to develop and evaluate strategies for opening new store formats including optimization plans.
- Develop and evaluate strategies that address regional, seasonal and geographical influences that diversify consumer direct channels.
- Partner with Visual Merchandising, Marketing and Operations to lead the process for identifying major monthly product stories by season. Work in conjunction with business partners to coordinate the seasonal visual and marketing stories.
- Collaborate on in-store product placement for monthly visual guidelines.
- Ensure brand, product and seasonal segmentation strategies are clearly defined and executed at the store level.
- Select lead, evaluate, coach, train and develop the Outlet Store Merchandising team.
Qualifications - Bachelor's Degree in Fashion Merchandising or related field
- 8+ years previous experience in a Buying or Merchandising function at a leadership level
- Experience in Footwear and/or Accessories industry preferred
- Experience in multi channel vertical retail environment required
- Strong Excel and Access skills, experience in SAP preferred
- Knowledge of Retail Planning and POS systems
- Previous team development and leadership experience
Nike - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
NIKE, Inc. (NIKE) is engaged in the design, development and worldwide marketing of footwear, apparel, equipment, and accessory products....