The Collaborating Physician Coordinator works closely with the Provider Relations team to ensure that each active practitioner has a collaborating physician and a state appropriate collaborative agreement completed and on file. The Collaborating Physician Coordinator serves as the initial point of contact for the collaborating physicians, ensures that all required contract and credentialing documents are received and maintained, and also handles ongoing day to day issues relating to collaborating physicians.
- Responsible for the initial description of the Collaborating Physician position to physicians interested in collaborating with a HouseCalls practitioner
- Maintaining the pipeline of collaborating physician leads
- Responsible for sending and receiving the physician contract and credentialing documents
- Initiating and properly maintaining all collaborative agreements between nurse practitioners and physician preceptors. Ensure all relevant state rules and regulations associated with collaborative agreements are being followed
- Responsible for scheduling and completing all training activities related to the Collaborating Physician Portal
- Responsible for addressing day to day issues related to collaborating physicians, including but not limited to, assistance with the Collaborating Physician Portal
- Ensure that collaborating physicians are completing all required assessment reviews on a monthly basis
- Represent the health plan in a professional and polished manner
- Other duties as assigned
UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement is part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group one of the leaders across most major segments of the US health care system.
- Bachelor's degree is required
- Intermediate to advanced level of proficiency with Excel
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to multitask, including working on setting up physicians agreements and handling a large volume of telephonic and email communication on a daily basis
Imagine joining a group of professionals and clinicians who are working to improve health care for people over 50. Consider the influence you can have on the quality of care for millions of people. Now, enhance that success with enthusiasm you can really feel. That's how it is at UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement. Everyday, we're collaborating to improve the health and well being of the fastest growing segment of our nation's population. And we're doing it with an intense amount of dedication.
Here, you will discover a culture that grows through challenge. That evolves by being flexible. That succeeds by staying true to our mission to make health care work effectively and efficiently for seniors. Put your best to work for us, and discover extraordinary opportunities for growth.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing.
UnitedHealth Group - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard
When you work to better people’s lives, one of those lives will always be yours.
We have modest goals: Improve the lives of...