The David J. Joseph Company (DJJ), founded in 1885, is today one of the largest scrap metal recycling companies in the United States. The Joseph Company is headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio and is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Nucor Corporation. We are not just a scrap trading and processing company. DJJ brokers ferrous scrap, pig iron, HBI/DRI, and nonferrous metal scrap. We provide mill industrial logistics and rail services for steelmakers. We finance, buy, sell, and lease railcars and operate self-serve auto parts recycling retail stores. DJJ generates over $6 billion in sales each year. Incorporating wholly-owned and joint venture facilities, DJJ operates trading offices and processing plants in 17 states and employs over 2,200 people. For more information on our Company, visit our web site at www.djj.com.
The Collaboration System Engineer plays a pivotal role in ensuring that IT understands business requirements for collaboration by creating a strategic relationship between the business and IT. The Collaboration System Engineer must have strong technical skills coupled with business process and collaboration systems experience. He or she will elicit, analyze, specify, and validate the business needs of collaboration project stakeholders, be they customers or end users. This includes interviewing stakeholders, as well as gathering and compiling user requirements to design collaborative solutions for the organization’s various collaboration platforms. The Collaboration System Engineer will also have the skills to design and lead the implementations and ongoing enhancement of the company’s collaboration platform and tools.
1. Design technology solutions to enable business collaboration requirements and processes.
2. Maintain expertise with the organization’s current collaboration platform(s).
3. Maintain current knowledge of rapidly changing collaboration technology market.
4. Incorporate collaboration technology services to enable employee-to-employee collaboration in business processes and within organizational units such as project teams and permanent teams. And to enable Business to supply chain/customer collaboration at the company level.
5. Engage with project managers and project sponsors to develop project scope and vision for all collaboration-related projects.
6. Develop workflow storyboards, use cases, scenarios, and other methods utilizing workshops, questionnaires, surveys, and site visits.
7. Identify and establish scope and parameters of requirements analysis on a project-by-project basis to define project impact, outcome criteria, and metrics.
8. Maintain a catalog of common collaboration patterns for reuse in new collaboration solution designs.
9. Analyze and verify requirements for completeness, consistency, comprehensibility, feasibility, and conformity to standards.
10. Translate conceptual user requirements into functional requirements in a clear manner that is comprehensible to developers/project team.
11. Research and analyze collaboration software and hardware, and oversee the QA of purchased solutions to ensure optimization.
12. Where applicable, develop prototypes of interfaces and attributes based on the user requirements.
13. Create process models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to developers and/or the project team, using new and existing collaboration patterns.
14. Develop feasible options for solutions and communicate these back to the business stakeholders.
15. Provide guidance and/or instruction to junior staff members and/or contractors.
1. College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science, or information systems strongly preferred.
2. Minimum 3 years of experience in building and specifying mission-critical business applications, at least one year with collaboration technologies.
3. Demonstrated expertise in the deployment and evolution of Microsoft SharePoint
4. Experience overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software and hardware solutions, systems, or products.
5. Experience with the organization’s core software applications (i.e. Windows, Sharepoint, SQL Server).
6. Fundamental project management knowledge and an understanding of application development and software development lifecycle concepts.
We offer competitive wages, paid training, paid holidays & comprehensive benefits package including 401k, medical, dental and life insurance.
The David J. Joseph Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V).
The David J. Joseph Company is committed to operating its facilities and businesses in an environmentally responsible manner. As an industry...