Collateral Services Workflow Coordinator-1300484
We invite you to explore the award-winning culture, people, rewards and opportunities that make Comerica Bank so special. Make your next career choice a confident one.
This Collateral Services Workflow Coordinator is located at 39200 W. Six Mile Road, Livonia, MI. This position has no direct reports.
The Workflow Coordinator leads a team of Collateral analysts. This position will distribute, monitor and assist with the team's workload, make recommendations for improvement, implement changes, direct others within the team, and ensure productivity/services levels are met. This position is also responsible for executing activities which support the safeguarding, monitoring and reporting of the bank's collateral pledged for the commercial loan portfolio. Effective execution of these responsibilities is critical to ensuring a sound lien position in assets pledged in support of loans, and proper mitigation of risks inherent in maintaining proper paper and electronic based security interests.
- Prioritizes, distributes, and monitors responsibilities daily for collateral analysts and self, ensuring productivity standards, deadlines and service levels are met.
- Resolves issues raised by staff and escalates to management as appropriate.
- Assists and supports the day-to-day department production activities which include cross training, production and quality control
- Analyzes loan documents such as security agreements, deeds of trust, mortgages, UCC's, flood determinations, insurance policies, RECAPs and property tax notices to decide what action relative to collateral tracking is necessary, how the appropriate information should be input to the system of record and if requirements relative to documentation have been met.
- Inputs data into AFS, to account for collateral that is related to the loan, including properly setting up collateral and tying to specific obligations to the collateral as indicated in the credit approval document.
- Inputs data into Diligenz, DEALS, Lereta and File Tracker to maintain and monitor the loan portfolio per the information identified in the loan documentation analysis.
- Researches and resolves complex issues related to collateral input to AFS, flood and hazard insurance tracking, tax tracking, lien filing, collateral monitoring.
- Responds to internal and external customer inquiries relative to collateral on commercial loans.
- Contacts appropriate governmental agencies and vendors in an effort to place liens, research and resolve collateral issues.
- Ensures that work is properly safeguarded and controlled in accordance with banking policies and procedures.
- Participates in internal, external and other risk exams as required.
- Assists in developing and implementing policies, procedures and training materials.
- Facilitates departmental workflow to achieve operational efficiency.
- Manages small continuous improvement projects requiring some coordination, and/or contributes to project teams or task forces.
- Requires strong customer service, oral and written communication, and listening skills.
- Ability to train team members and serve as mentor for daily work responsibilities.
- Demonstrates teamwork.
- Must possess a strong attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy and effective problem solving skills.
- Time Management skills - adapt to ever changing environment and processes.
- Technology - knowledge of MS Excel, Microsoft Office, and email capabilities.
- Requires strong level of independent judgment and decision making.
- Ability to create, write and communicate detailed procedures and workflows documenting processes
- High school education or general equivalency diploma (GED)
- 4 years financial operations experience
- 4 years working with mainframe systems, vendor based systems, Microsoft Word and Excel
Primary Location : US-MI-Livonia
Shift: Day Shift
Work Hours (Example: 8:00am - 5:00pm Monday - Friday): 7:45am - 4:30pm Monday - Friday
Comerica - 12 months ago