- Provide leadership and training to accomplish the company goals and objectives.
- Monitor Collection Representative’s ability to achieve productivity, efficiency and accuracy of all processes.
- Utilize and communicate performance data to enhance collector performance to meet monthly financial goals.
- Conduct collector performance evaluations to provide employee coaching and development for continuous improvement.
- Ensure compliance with company policies, client standards, and federal and state laws.
- Continental development of staff though ongoing coaching, training and mentoring.
- Oversee team performance measures and provides regular progress reports to manager.
- Conduct employee disciplinary procedures.
- Prioritize workflow and communicate priorities effectively with Collection Representatives.
- Meet or exceed attrition rate targets.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ensure work flows and file maintenance procedures are followed
- Responsible for all other duties as assigned or needed.
- Associates degree preferred; High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 1-2 years years previous Supervisory experience required.
- 2+ years in the Collection or Banking industry required.
- Excel knowledge preferred.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills required.
- Familiarity with a personal computer and keyboard skills required.
- Knowledge of the CUBS Collection Application, system software preferred.
- Knowledge of Dialer systems preferred.
- Math knoweldge with the ability to calculate percentages required.
- Knowledge of the client's business and requirements to include work standards preferred.
- Knowledge of FDCPA and State Laws preferred.
- Ability to read, interpret, and effectively communicate Operational data (MITS) preferred.
Annual salary range is $3
Firstsource Careers - 5 months ago
Firstsource is a leading global provider of business process management services. Founded in 2001, Firstsource ranks third in BusinessWeek's...