Jan 17, 2013
Feb 11, 2013
Headquartered in Wilmington, Del., Barclaycard US creates customized, co-branded credit card programs for some of the country's most successful travel, entertainment, retail, affinity and financial institutions. The business employs 1,300 associates.
Barclaycard, part of Barclays Global Retail Banking division, is a leading global payment business that helps consumers, retailers and businesses to make and accept payments flexibly, and to access short-term credit when needed.
The company is one of the pioneers of new forms of payments, and is at the forefront of developing viable contactless and mobile payment options for today and cutting edge forms of payment for the future. It also issues credit and charge cards to corporate customers and the British Government. Barclaycard partners with a wide range of organizations across the globe to offer their customers or members payment options and credit.
Barclaycard operates in the United States, Europe, Africa and the Middle and Far East.
A Collections Account Manager is the company's primary interface with existing and potential customers. The role includes receiving inbound and outbound calls and solving and/or educating customers on specific account information, concerns and inquiries to make it as easy and as possible to do business with and resolve their delinquency.
Key Objectives (95%):
Other duties include:
- Receive inbound and outbound phone calls from customers and service their needs effectively and efficiently.
- Account Managers are also required to offer payments programs and solve customer problems.
Control Objective (5%):
- Listen actively and establish rapport
- Quickly understand and analyze customer needs, listen and actively
- Use computer software application to properly service customers' accounts
- Take ownership of any follow-up work necessary to service customer and ensure that nothing slips through the cracks
- Speak/write knowledgably about products and services
- Adhere to compliance regulations and security policies
- Consistently meet performance standards set by department
- Complete additional projects and tasks as assigned
- Contribute ideas and recommendations for improvements to the department and company
- Receives significant guidance from policy and procedure.
- Can exercise some judgment in carrying out routine assignments with guidelines.
- Receives specific instructions on unusual situations or matters that depart from established procedures.
Understand the appropriate Policies & Standards applicable to my role through reading the Code of Conduct and other training allocated to me. Where responsible for risks and controls ensure that these are appropriate and fit for purpose.
- All mandatory training completed to deadline and understood within given timescales.
- Where applicable, all key risks identified, tracked, logged and managed as per the Risk Framework procedures
- Where applicable, all key controls to have identified owners, with audit trail of regular review and maintenance together with supporting records.
- Where applicable, all risk events (incidents) or control failures to be escalated, investigated, reported and fixed at root cause to prevent reoccurrence
- 1-3 years experience in collections with an excellent performance and attendance record.
- Banking or credit card experiences a strong plus.
- Sales experience is preferred for cross selling, up selling and down selling
- Strong Negotiation Skills
- Excellent oral communications skills (grammar, positive tone, active listening, etiquette, empathy, confidence) and written skills (spelling, logical thought -processes and sentence construction, appropriate word choice
- Extremely customer-focused, positive, professional attitude
- Intelligent, self motivated, quick learner
- Pays strict attention to detail, understands importance of accuracy and responsiveness
- Strong PC skills and internet skills
- Very good organization and prioritization skills
Raising the bar for global finance, Barclays owns one of Europe's largest banks, a top market-making investment bank, the top UK credit...