All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Healthcare and/or collections experience preferred.
- Basic Business or Finance background/experience preferred, but not required.
- Knowledge of medical coding procedures, hospital billing and managed care contracting preferred.
- Good working knowledge of third party insurance and public assistance programs.
- Good working knowledge of hospital computer information systems (ie: EPIC, Business Objects)
- Must have excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel and Word.
- Ability to identify trends and complete variance analyses
Seeking highly motivated, critical thinkers to analyze aged receivables accounts and identify trends and variances. Under the supervision of the Collection Manager, this individual is responsible for timely resolution of patient accounts. Assigned duties include researching account balances and following up with collection calls to insurers and parents. Reviewing denied claims or underpaid claims and resolving the denial or underpayment. Ensuring all information pertaining to collection activity is fully and accurately documented in the patient accounting system. Works to identify payment and denial trends for timely resolution. Works to identify internal and external causes of overpayments or underpayments for timely resolution. Ability to work independently or as a member of a project team.
The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) is the nation's first hospital devoted exclusively to the care of children. Since our start...