The Collections Coordinator will coordinate the collections activity for student accounts. This includes both in house collections and placement with outside agencies. This position also has full responsibility in administering the Perkins loan program and assists the students in applying for the loans, submitting the appropriate paperwork and assisting with loan consolidations.
- Initiate letters before placement with collection agencies, run social security number search, check all accounts to be sure they are correct before placement, handle all calls and research all disputes. These tasks ensure that due diligence has been used in the collection process and protects the University legally.
- This position has full responsibility for the federally funded Perkins loan program. This would include all communications with students and with Campus Partners the outside processing organization.
- Works directly with Student Financial Services to obtain aid for students with problem accounts.
- Use proactive approach in assuring that funding is arranged or finalized for student accounts well in advance of the end of the term.
- Handles NSF checks and coordinates with Prosecuting Attorney.
- Communicate and coordinate all Park University tuition accounts placed with outside collections agencies, including any legal counsel as deemed necessary.
- Monitor performance of outside collection agencies...
- Place and remove student account holds and monitor.
- Review Student Refund checks to verify accuracy of the refund amount.
- Prepare semiannual bad debt write off for review by the Vice President for Finance and Administration.
- Assist in annual audit preparation.
- It is preferred that this individual have an Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
- The candidate should have at least five years’ experience in collections and preferably with an educational institution.
- Candidate should be computer literate and very organized. Should also be capable of handling a large volume of phone calls and e-mails.
- This position sits for extended periods of time at a desk. The position also requires the ability to walk to meetings throughout the campus.
- The ability to use a computer and calculator keyboard with proficiency.
Park University has an excellent benefits package including health and life insurance, retirement plan, and tuition paid undergraduate classes for employees and dependents.
Qualified applicants should upload a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements.
Park University - 9 months ago
Established in 1875, Park University is a national leader in higher education and is distinguished by its innovative adult-degree completion...