This is a professional position that requires strong computer skills, interpersonal skills, collections and accounting skills. Individual will be responsible for collection of past due University accounts, analysis and reconciliation of all accounts receivables and revenue accounts.
Southern Polytechnic State University, a member of the University System of Georgia, is a residential university with over 6,200 students pursuing bachelors and masters degrees in many of the nation’s fastest growing technology fields. The university, located one mile west of 1-75’s Exit 263, is just 20 minutes northwest of downtown Atlanta. Southern Polytechnic is an EOE / ADA /AA Employer.
Ensures valid and accurate aging of accounts receivable.
Prepares comprehensive aging of accounts receivable.
Analyze and prepare final Federal Perkins Loan entries.
Review, analyze and reconcile all University receivables to ensure validity, accuracy and maintain comprehensive documentation.
Assist in the preparation of the annual financial report and other related reports as required to other state agencies and federal departments as appropriate.
Coordinate with contracted billing agency the collection of Student Accounts Receivable and Federal Perkins Loan Receivables.
Record monthly entries to reflect updated transactions on Federal Perkins Loans.
Analyze and reconcile student accounts in Banner software and balance to People Soft (accounting software).
Communicate with debtors and forward to the Controller delinquent accounts for final collection efforts.
Prepares and follows up on student account billings, contract billings and other institutional accounts receivables.
Coordinate and manage third party contracts and billing.
Communicate with debtors of the University to maintain current and accurate accounts receivable.
Maintain, verify and oversee accounts receivable documentation to ensure validity and accuracy.
Serve as back-up Accounting Assistant (Cashiers) as necessary.
Individual may be required to work extended hours during peak times.
Reconcile Banner student receivables to People Soft accounting records.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Desirable Knowledge Skills and Abilities
1. Individual must follow State of Georgia collections laws to ensure University functions in compliance of State law, yet minimizes the value of account receivables.
2. Working knowledge and experience in the Fair Debt and Law Practices Act a plus.
3. Account receivable collections experience, detail-oriented and directly related experience in a complex office setting.
4. Job requires a high energy team player and self-starter that exercises sound judgment to maintain good customer service relationships.
5. Ability to meet and serve students, staff and faculty tactfully and effectively, and maintain effective working relations with other employees.
A Bachelors degree in accounting, finance or related field, and a minimum of two years experience; supplemented by collections experience preferred.
Special Instructions for Applicants
In addition to the required documents which must be uploaded, please note the following additional information:
-A minimum of three professional references (name, phone number and address information)