This candidate will be responsible for the collection activities and the reduction of past due accounts for Joint Commission Resources’ services. Uses computerized systems for analysis and collection of open Accounts Receivable. Recommends and initiates collection efforts for all past due fees. Contacts customer by phone and corresponds in writing in order to collect fees. Has direct input to company policies and procedures with respect to collection of fees. Provides reports needed for better collection and bad debt allowance information. The position requires a “soft” approach to collections.
• Level of knowledge equivalent to that ordinarily acquired through completion of an Associate's degree in finance and/or accounting. A Bachelor's degree is preferred.
• A minimum of 3 to 4 years of solid experience in the financial areas of accounts receivable, collection and/or general ledger.
Special skills required:
• Advanced skills in communicating with colleagues and customers across the world
• Experience in working with International accounts (preferred)
• Highly organized and responsive
• Ability to work with all levels of staff
• Advanced problem solving skills
• Collaborative approach to work
• Assertive self-starter with excellent interpersonal skills.
• Strong analytical ability to comprehend Joint Commission Resources’ components and charges in order to assure collection of appropriate fees from customers.
• Commitment to continuous quality improvement, solid organizational skills, and the ability to manage multiple priorities extremely well.
• Proficiency in spreadsheet, word processing and personal computer expertise.
Ability to lift 25 pounds.
Its not really about joints, per se, unless they are aching and in need of repair. The Joint Commission on Accreditation of Health Care...