A part-time position.
The Adler Planetarium (Chicago, IL) currently has opportunities available for part-time Museum Services Staff. We are looking for individuals interested only in part-time employment with the ability to work three days per week. In addition, candidates must be able to work weekend and evenings until * midnight as well as holidays.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Education and Experience:
- Enhance our visitors’ museum experience in all areas of this prestigious institution;
- Create a welcoming atmosphere for arriving visitors;
- Provide current information regarding museum activities;
- Use visitor friendly, theater crowd control skills;
- Monitor the safety and security of exhibits, staff and visitors.
Qualified Candidates Will:
- Previous experience in customer service is desired.
* Please note if commuting via public transportation, when working until midnight, public transportation directly from the museum is not available at this time.
- ONLY BE INTERESTED IN PART TIME WORK;
- Be motivated to implement proven visitor service techniques;
- Maintain an alert “eager to serve” cheerful attitude;
- Present excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Adapt to established procedures enthusiastically;
- Respond positively under stressful circumstances;
- Demonstrate ability to make swift, appropriate decisions;
- Enjoy interpreting museum exhibits;
- Be able to work independently;
- Show initiative;
- Be alert to security concerns;
- Be able to read, write and speak English.
Adler Planetarium - 19 months ago
The Adler Planetarium & Astronomy Museum was founded in 1930 as the first planetarium in the Western Hemisphere, reaching over 40...