Space Coast Credit Union |
has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Administrative Assistant to join the Collections department. The Qualified candidate will act as a representative of SCCU and provide
quality service to members. And serve as a point of contact for all Credit Counseling services and Credit Bureau issues. This position also supports the Collections Management Staff and department staff with daily operations.
Responsibilities and duties include but are not limited to:
- Prepares repossession accounting statements, bankruptcy proof of claims and reaffirmation agreements.
- Prepares all Loan Review Committee, Board Reports, and daily reporting timely and accurately for management.
- Processes account payment/transfers for Collectors on the date requested. Transfers and posts ACH and Credit Card payments processed by collectors.
- Researches and records the account number and loan suffix on all incoming loan payments and correspondence received.
- Research, verifies, corrects, and updates all Credit Bureau verification requests, dispute forms, and member requests within five business days of receipt in order to ensure compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act. Handles correspondence when members request written verification of credit corrections and updates.
- Monitor all facets of Credit Counseling Service accounts to include proposal review, monitoring and agency correspondence. Responsible for maintenance of the Credit Counseling Service queue.
- Opens, date stamps and distributes all incoming departmental mail on the same business day in which it was received in order to facilitate a timely response to all incoming correspondence.
- Provides timely assistance in various support functions: retrieves and files loan files and statements and records; orders department supplies, folds and mails delinquent collection letters daily and typing miscellaneous letters and memorandums in order to optimize department resource time.
- Recording all returned mail in database to ensure Collectors have most current information for mailing if possible.
- Consistently demonstrates self-motivation and independent problem solving skills, requiring only minimal direct supervision, in order to maximize individual productivity and efficiency and attain member satisfaction. Proposes enhancements to work methods or procedures in order to improve process efficiency and/or the quality of results.
- Pulls credit reports as needed.
- 1 to 3 years prior experience in an administrative position preferably banking/credit union work environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate to Advance skills in Word, Excel and Access (MS Office 2003)
High School Diploma or GED
Space Coast Credit Union - 2 years ago
Space Coast Credit Union (SCCU) is a member-owned cooperative with nearly 65 branches in the Sunshine State. Membership is open to all who...