We are currently hiring for a Collections Manager for our Overland Park Service Center!
The Collections Manager would be responsible for management accountabilities within a high-volume processing department, which has multiple shifts. This position is highly interactive, allowing the incumbent direct involvement with both the employees under their management and the front line. Primary responsibilities of managing all aspects of a Collections team consisting of managing the review and collection of all past due credit card accounts to achieve target delinquency goals with the lowest possible loss ratios and minimal risks. Approving extensions, charge-offs, repossessions and liquidations. Ensuring compliance with applicable internal policies and procedures and regulatory requirements. Formulating and recommending collection policies to increase the effectiveness of collection efforts. Developing and monitoring production and service level standards; managing variable staffing; envisioning and articulating opportunities for change; controlling costs; developing and executing strategies to effectively develop, improve, and deliver products and services to meet our customer and business needs; and interacting with individuals at multiple levels of the organization. Supervisory functions include leading and directing 3-4 supervisors that have a staff of approximately 25 Collectors on each team.
Your Career is Here.
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
- Five to eight years of experience in collections and financial services industry
- Two or more years of management/supervisory experience
- Training and Coaching Experience – Demonstrated approaches and results.
- Collection and Performance Reporting Metrics utilization and how they applied to daily operations decisions
- Metrics Management – Experience working thru other groups to accomplish goals
- For Recovery: Start up of an operation group – Prefer someone that has built out a new department
Experience – Inbound and Oubound telecommunication experience surrounding the technology (Avaya background a plus) as well as experience with contact center technology and/or advanced collection systems. (Fair Issac, etc)
- Staffing and Scheduling Experience – Prefer someone that has worked with a labor management program (IEX and Workforce Mgmt) and been apart of expanding a labor group.
- Credit Card Compliance Experience a plus or preferred
- Advanced degree a plus or preferred
U.S. Bancorp (NYSE: USB) is a diversified financial services holding company and parent company of U.S. Bank, the nation's fifth largest...