Are you looking to make a difference in the job you do? From setting up the blood collection equipment at work sites, to putting a needle in a donor’s arm, as a Lead Nurse-Phlebotomist at the American Red Cross you will work all aspects of blood drives at high schools, offices & churches throughout Lansing Michigan and the surrounding areas. In your first three months on the job, we will provide you with comprehensive, paid training on all aspects of whole blood collection techniques and documentation requirements.
Key performance objectives include:
Once you establish yourself as a top performer, you will be able to:
- Balance production, donor care & quality requirements to meet daily blood collection goals
- Take the time to personally connect with donors – listen to their stories and help them understand the value of their donation
- Be detail oriented all day, every day to ensure that the blood you collect meets regulatory requirements and can be safely transfused
- Stay flexible to work a highly variable schedule that includes early start times, late end times, overnight travel, & weekend and holidays to meet the needs of our blood drive sponsors and donors
- Take care of your team members – show up for every shift and give 100% while you’re here
- Contribute to a friendly and fun environment for donors and co-workers alike – give them a reason to come back for more
- Be a model of professionalism and compassion while serving as an ambassador to the public for the nation’s largest not-for-profit blood banking organization
Registered Nurse License or LPN required, previous customer service and healthcare training/experience preferred, strong work ethic, valid driver’s license and a record of safe driving required – we’ll train the best on the rest. $19.11/hr additional pay for travel time and meals.
- Have the potential to develop your career with the American Red Cross
- Demonstrate your leadership potential by becoming a “go-to” person for team supervisors, on the job trainers & new employees
- Draw upon your extensive blood collection knowledge to advance into leadership and professional support roles
Overnight travel to Lansing, Michigan for training will be required, if applicable.
As an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, well-qualified women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The American Red Cross is where people mobilize to help their neighbors—down the street, across the country, and around the...