Discover Card is currently ranked as the nation's second largest card issuer based upon the number of accounts and has over 50 million Card members. We seek employees who can: communicate effectively, are results driven, thrive in a team atmosphere, deliver exceptional customer service, are flexible and willing to share ideas, and believe in giving back to the community. We’re glad that you’re considering Discover Financial Services as your pathway to career fulfillment and success.
PRINCIPLE RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
This is not your typical collections position. . .
As a Collections Representative, you will work with customers that have fallen past due in making payments to their account as well as encouraging them to use their card in the future. Representatives use professional and persuasive communication skills as well as strive to keep the goodwill of our customers.
1. Review past due accounts and call customer to arrange an acceptable payment program for accounts from which sufficient funds cannot be collected.
3. Contact credit, employment and other references when unable to locate a customer. Maintain accurate records of new addresses and providing information to other departments.
4. Work with the customer to come to an agreeable plan for bringing the account current.
1. Must have High School diploma or GED equivalency
2. At least 6 months stable work history
3. Effective communication skills required
4. Must be able to work on a computer and sit for long periods of time
5. Demonstrate enthusiasm and professionalism
7. Team player is a must!
*Competitive performance incentive plan
*Excellent benefits package that begins date of hire
*On-site fitness center
*Full service cafeteria on-site
* Eligible for 401K, Pension and Employee Stock Puchase Plan discounts
*10% shift differential pay for working the PM schedule
Schedule is Monday - Friday (6am-1:30pm/12:30pm-8pm), with rotating weekends (Saturday and/or Sunday 6am-2:30pm). Flex-time shifts (30-39 hours per week)
You can make an impact. Whether it’s developing corporate strategy, innovating new services or supporting IT needs, every employee has...