Mariner Finance is currently seeking an experienced Full-Time Collections Representative.
QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE FOLLOWING:
- Assessing customer financial situations in order to determine the availability of sufficient funds; restructuring debt to a consolidation loan if necessary.
- Recommending accounts for the Manager to review for special handling or intensified collections actions.
- Accurately calculating and handling customer payments through various payment methods.
- Answering incoming telephone calls and answering customers’ questions in a professional and effective manner.
- Efficiently processing insurance claims and maintaining detailed records of all transactions.
- Collecting and/or renewing assigned delinquent accounts.
- Contacting delinquent customers in order to determine reasons for delinquency and to offer loan renewal or request payment.
- Ensuring that established policies and procedures are strictly observed in respect to every duty.
- Performing additional duties depending on market demand and branch staffing.
- Minimum of 2 years Collections Experience
- Strong time management skills and attentiveness to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent interpersonal skills demonstrated through prior collections work experience.
- Previous Sales and Customer Services experience a plus!
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
Read more about us at www.marinerfinance.com!
*Please identify the position you are applying for with the job code “AR-NEWPORT”*
Mariner Finance brings over 125 years of experience in meeting the financial service needs of consumers in the Mid-Atlantic region. Mariner Finance is recognized as the community's consumer finance company of choice by building lasting relationships through superior customer service and exceptional staff.
Mariner Finance is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, marital status, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran.