When you are in the business of health care, you're in the business of people. At UnitedHealth Group we want every customer experience to be distinctly personal. The challenge is complex. When people call us for help, their focus is on getting the best care possible. We help them understand their benefits and their options. This part of their lives matters a lot to them and it matters just as much to us. Our customer service teams have a serious responsibility to make every contact informative, productive, positive, and memorable for what it says about how much we care.
Requires an understanding of ICD-9 and CPT codes, entry of encounter data from the Clinics; timely billing or filing of claims for services rendered at the clinics; review of claims that are rejected/denied for errors or incorrect filing with the Carriers. Ability to read and understand EOBs that support payments from Carriers. Able to effectively communicate with clinic staff or carriers. Able to research using internet or other appropriate resources to correctly identify health plan changes, benefits, or requirements.
This function is responsible for insurance premium collections. Positions in this function contact customers to determine reason for payment delinquency. Negotiate and advise on collection of overdue bills and take appropriate action to recover overdue payments. Handles unresolved inquiries/issues. Responsible for developing, implementing, maintaining and managing organization policies on collection practices. May work with outside legal counsel and/or outside agencies in more complex collection cases.
- Contact customers to determine reason for payment delinquency
- Negotiate and advise on collection of overdue bills and take appropriate action to recover overdue payments
- Handle unresolved inquiries/issues
- Responsible for developing, implementing, maintaining and managing organization policies on collection practices
- May work with outside legal counsel and/or outside agencies in more complex collection cases
- Moderate work experience within own function.
- Some work is completed without established procedures.
- Basic tasks are completed without review by others.
- Supervision/guidance is required for higher level tasks.
OptumHealth is part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group one of the leaders across most major segments of the US health care system.
- 1+ years of Collections or Medical Billing experience
- An education level of at least a high school diploma or GED OR 10 years of equivalent working experience
- Basic experience using a computer for work
OptumHealth helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their health care needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
At OptumHealth, you will perform within an innovative culture that's focused on transformational change in the health care system. You will leverage your skills across a diverse and multi-faceted business. And you will make contributions that will have an impact that's greater than you've ever imagined.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing.
UnitedHealth Group - 17 months ago
When you work to better people’s lives, one of those lives will always be yours.
We have modest goals: Improve the lives of...