Caliber Home Loans, Inc. is a full-service, national residential mortgage company that originates and services home loans. Caliber is headquartered in Dallas, TX and was founded by and is owned by Lone Star Funds, a global private equity fund. Caliber employs over 2000 mortgage professionals nationwide. Caliber originates home loans through various channels and transaction types including a network of 88 retail branches, wholesale lending, correspondent lending, mini-correspondent lending, and a consumer direct centralized operational center. Caliber enables borrowers to purchase new homes and refinance their existing homes with conforming and non-conforming home loans. Caliber also specializes in servicing, special servicing and subservicing of residential conforming and non-conforming residential mortgage loans in all 50 states.
The Tier 1 Collections group is responsible for contacting delinquent home lending (mortgage) customers to collect past due payments and recoverable amounts, encourage the customer to make timely payments, and identify potential opportunities for Loss Mitigation workouts in order to resolve the account's delinquency. The Tier 1 Collections group handles accounts that are 1 to 59 days past due. The department makes outbound calls and recieves inbound calls as well.
- General collections responsibilities in a fast-paced environment, where multi-tasking is key to ongoing success.
- Follow the established 10 step calling guidelines to assess the borrower's ability to pay.
- Evaluate the customer's circumstances and educate the customer on next steps of action.
- Participate in call campaigns using an automated dialer system.
- Responsible for making decisions based on indicators given on the loan.
- Process payments over the phone and answer general questions regarding a mortgage account/loan.
- 1 years of customer support, in an inbound call-center environment.
- Current, working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite, including: Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
- Ability to accurately type an average of approximately 40 words per minute.
- Available to work over-time as requested and required by business need and communicated by your manager.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
Caliber Home Loans, Inc. is focused on being the best mortgage servicer in the United States and winning through talent. Visit us at company website to learn more.
- Experience with Fiserv, Aspect or similar systems is desired.
- 1 years of experience in a lending environment is desired.
- Experience in an inbound/outbound call center preferred.
- Experience with collecting on delinquent accounts is a plus.
- Expert skills in Microsoft Excel, including the ability to utilize the following functions: V-Lookup, H-Lookup, Concatenating formulas, Conditional Formatting, and Pivot Tables is highly preferred.
- Fluency in a foreign language is a plus.
We are committed to diversity. Caliber is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.