GENERAL STATEMENT OF JOB
The purpose of this position is to call customers to collect outstanding receivable balance due. Handle incoming customer calls related to Accounts Receivable, resolve customer billing disputes, issue refund and research unapplied cash on account.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Call customers to collect on outstanding past due invoices.
- Fax or mail copy of statement and invoice(s) on account.
- Answer incoming customer calls.
- Research unapplied cash on customer accounts.
- Process check request to issue refund on over and/or duplicate payments.
- Research and resolve customer billing disputes related too services provided.
- Update customer accounts with transaction comments in collection systems.
ADDITIONAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Handle W9 Requests.
- Ability to respond quickly to changing customer demands and market conditions.
- Monthly and/or weekly AR status reports.
- Obtain authorization to write-off account balances.
- Change customer contact name, address/telephone number when necessary.
- Handle general mail from customers.
- Ad-hoc reports as needed.
MINIMUM TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
Education: College degree in Business Administration preferred; alternatively, 4(+) years commercial collections experience. General knowledge of basic accounting principles. Basic P.C. Skills using Microsoft word and excel.
Skills and Abilities:
Number of Employees Supervised: Not Applicable
- Persuasive and effective communication skills.
- Strong ability to think critically.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Commitment to Excellence and Teamwork.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to respond quickly to changing demands and market conditions.
- Be self-motivated and willing to accept responsibility.
Travel Requirements: Not Applicable
Hours Required: Minimum of 40 hours per week with some overtime required as needed.