Company Info for External Posting:
External Job Description:
The Collections Specialist is responsible for monitoring the payment status of customer accounts and initiating proactive calls and timely collection efforts once an account becomes delinquent. Works directly with customers in collecting delinquent accounts and with sales, customer service, and billing and cash applications personnel in resolving issues that may be preventing customers from making timely payments.
Customer Account Maintenance
- Manage an Accounts Receivable portfolio, to eliminate customer delinquencies, improve cash flow and lower DSO.
- Call or e-mail customers with overdue balances to determine why payments were not made pursuant to terms.
- Record actions taken with respect to delinquent accounts and maintain records of all customer interactions.
- If the customer has promised payment, follow-up to ensure that payment is received. If the customer is disputing the amount due, resolve the dispute with billing and / or sales.
- Resolve short pay issues.
- Resolve cash and credits on accounts.
Reporting / Analysis.
- Prepare periodic reports of key customer accounts and other reports as request by the Director of Credit & Collections.
- Reconcile customer accounts when necessary.
- Associate degree or college / technical school certification is preferred.
- Three or more years of experience in commercial Credit and Collections functions.
Skills / Other Requirements
- Experience with accounts receivable software applications and proficiency in SAP, Microsoft Excel, Access and Word.
- Telephone skills and the ability to deal with people.
- Problem solving skills.
- The ability to function in a challenging and fast-paced work environment.
Maxum Petroleum is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, medical condition, disability or any other legally protected status.
Maxum Petroleum, Inc - 12 months ago
Maxum Petroleum is a leading independent energy logistics company that markets and distributes a comprehensive offering of refined petroleum...