This position collects payments for an assigned segment of the Accounts Receivable and performs collection duties in accordance with established federal and state regulations.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
Bills both electronically and manually, as needed, and uses all technology available to produce clean claims
Interprets claims processing reports and applies information to produce clean claims.
Maintains current knowledge of regulatory billing requirements.
Makes changes to demographic information as necessary in order to produce a clean claim.
Meets or exceeds productivity standards in the completion of daily assignments and accurate production
Must have the ability to analyze coding to assure proper billing of claim.
Participates in a variety of hospital educational programs to maintain current skill and competency levels.
Requests and attaches required clinical documentation in accordance with third party requirements.
Services accounts in priority of importance, independently billing accounts with understanding of all applicable insurance and CMS regulations. Prioritizes work to maximized turn around time.
Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
- High School diploma or equivalent (Required)
- Two (2) years experience with collection activity and reduction in A/R within a healthcare setting (Required)
- No certification/license/registry requirements (Required)
- No special skill requirements (Required)
- Physical Requirement - Hearing (Constantly)
- Physical Requirement - Reaching (Occasionally)
- Physical Requirement - Sitting (Constantly)
- Physical Requirement - Standing (Occasionally)
- Physical Requirement - Talking (Constantly)
- Physical Requirement - Walking (Occasionally)
- Physical Requirement - Use of keyboard, mouse and/or computer equipment (Constantly)
- Physical Requirement - Lift up to 35 pounds without assistance (Occasionally)
Phoenix Children's Hospital - 16 months ago
Phoenix Children’s Hospital is the second largest children’s hospital in the US. With over 70 sub-specialties, it...