The primary responsibilities of this position are to provide effective support and guidance to a team of collectors, as well as lead by example as to best serve the customer and to help the company meet its objectives through the appropriate extension of credit and collection receivables; reduce bad debt exposure. Ensure team operates in a manner that appropriately reflects the standards of the company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluate, develop, and implement procedure to improve organization and efficiency of department.
- Provide continual evaluation of processes and procedures. Suggest methods to improve area operations, efficiency, and service to both internal and external customers.
- Establish work procedures and processes that support company and departmental standards, procedures, and strategic directives.
- Provide daily direction and communication to employees.
- Recruit, hire, and develop team members with the Collections Manager; including but not limited to training, probationary and annual performance appraisals.
- Respond and resolve employee relations issues expressed by team members; create and maintain high quality work environment so team members are motivated to perform at their highest level.
- Monitor calls on a weekly basis and provide performance feedback and coaching to each team member.
- Serve as an immediate resource for the team; be available for employees that experience work problems providing appropriate coaching, counseling, direction and resolution.
- Ensure employees have appropriate training and other resources to perform their job.
- Use appropriate judgment in upward communication regarding department or employee concerns.
- Manage collections on high profile or problematic accounts.
- Review aging accounts with each collector and manager.
- Provide back-up support for the team and coverage for a region when a collector is out.
- Complete other projects as assigned and needed.
- 5+ years of collections experience, preferably in commercial collections.
- Proven leadership experience
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in an integrated accounting system.
- Proficiency in Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Detailed oriented – ability to work through a large amount of detail to reconcile accounts and resolve customer issues.
Sarnova is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer a competitive salary, commensurate with experience, along with a comprehensive benefits package, including 401(k) Plan.