To be responsible for the voluntary or involuntary collection of assigned accounts by means of telephone and written communications.
· Manage an inventory of complex, high profile accounts in a specialty area as assigned by Collection Supervisor or Manager. To handle incoming and outgoing telephone calls for balance liquidations, payment arrangements, and account follow-up.
· Update and verify all information to proceed with debt collection efforts, as appropriate.
· Work accounts in a timely fashion and generate collection recoveries.
· Maintain complete and accurate collection records on computer system.
· Analyze and interpret credit reports and client-specific data.
· Work some evenings and weekends as assigned.
· Achieve unit standards and goals as designated by the unit manager regarding calls placed, as well as money and payment arrangements received.
· Perform detailed Skip Tracing duties to locate debtors in the attempt to collect a debt.
· Other duties as assigned.
Experience, Knowledge, and Skills:
· Ability to respond effectively to conflict.
· Ability to analyze and interpret complex data.
· Demonstrated ability to work independently in a production environment and to remain self-motivated.
· Knowledge of negotiation strategies and/or techniques.
· Ability to maintain complete and accurate records.
· Excellent communication skills; oral and written.
· Excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize, maintain attention to detail, and recognize time constraints.
· Ability to remain flexible, firm and empathetic, and work as a team player.
· Ability to type on a computer keyboard at 25 or more WPM.
· Ability to sit for long periods of time.
· Comprehensive understanding of office policies and procedures.
Skills To Be Learned:
· Understanding of both client and legal process (if applicable) as it pertains to Debt Collections.
· Thorough working knowledge of the FDCPA (Fair Debt Collection Practices Act).
Solomon and Solomon, P.C. - 16 months ago