Responsibilities: GENERAL SUMMARY/OVERVIEW STATEMENT: Under the direction of the manager or supervisor of the corresponding department, the student will perform comprehensive duties for departments or large program areas. This position is available during the summer months.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: • Depending on the department, the student may be involved in the following duties:
o Assisting with administrative duties (filing, copying and phone coverage)
o Assisting with transporting patients and/or other duties as assigned by the department
o Creating PowerPoint presentations
o Assist in data input
o Stocking supplies
o Assist in department specific projects
Requirements: QUALIFICATIONS: - High School graduate
- All other duties as assignedInternship Locations: Human Resources, Research, Pathology, Patient & Family Relations, Department of Medicine, OR/CSS, etc.
SKILLS/ ABILITIES/ COMPETENCIES REQUIRED: - Possesses excellent interpersonal skills in order to assist both internal and external customers.
- Completion of one academic year in college
- Must be a resident in the state of Massachusetts
WORKING CONDITIONS: Works in busy office, and sometimes stressful hospital/office environment.
- Ability to work well independently or with others.
- Requires the ability to remain flexible in order to handle and prioritize work from various department staff
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Ability to adhere to deadlines.
- Knowledge in MS Office is preferred
- Must have an interest in the Healthcare field.
Shift: Day Shift
EEO Statement: An EEO, AA, VEVRAA Employer
Brigham and Women's Hospital - 2 years ago
For over 150 years, Brigham and Women’s Hospital has been the birthplace of legendary medicine. A merger of three of Harvard’s...