JOB DESCRIPTION : This position includes direct sales of college products and services to customers as well as administrative & schedule coordination duties as assigned by supervisor.
• Sell college products and services during ring events, promotions, and graduation fairs.
• Assist with administrative and schedule coordination duties for the territory.
• Products and programs include Official Ring programs, college rings, college announcements, cap and gowns,
and other products or programs introduced into the Balfour offering.
• Meet assigned sales goals by executing the sales promotion of Balfour products on college campuses.
• Develop and maintain relationships with alumni association staff, bookstore managers and other appropriate personnel.
• Effectively handle customer and account inquiries.
• Review promotion results with appropriate store personnel.
• Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of the Balfour product lines, policies and procedures.
• Develop and maintain a working knowledge of each account and its procedures.
• Submit orders to factory in a timely and accurate manner.
• Handle Balfour money in a responsible manner.
• Handle repairs and adjust forms and necessary.
• Report to manager sales results and other pertinent information.
• Overnight travel as needed to territory colleges for product promotion.
JOB REQUIREMENTS :
• Good organizational & time management skills
• Self-motivated & self disciplined
• Professional appearance & demeanor
• Flexibility to adjust to changes and unexpected occurrences
• Excellent communication and selling skills
• Retail or outside selling experience preferred
• Some knowledge/experience with college campuses
• Basic to intermediate computer skills necessary; Windows & MS Office
• Willingness and ability to travel up to 40% or more of the time
• Lifting items and packages of approx. 25 lbs