International Manufacturer of materials, powders, paints, and coatings is seeking a Color Matching Lab Technician.
The Color Matching Technician works independently, but must be willing to take direction as needed. He/she has full knowledge of all products and procedures involved with samples production.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Weighing of all materials prior to blending requirement in blenders.
- Materials include:
o additives specific to fog coat
- Appropriate use of can and V blenders.
- Ability to visibly distinguish colors.
- Ability to correctly stamp and date samples to minimize potential errors and offer immediate reference to customers preparing to order.
- Maintains the waste water drainage system and dust collector.
- Maintains oven temperatures and water level on SBMF oven.
- Maintains a tidy and safe work environment
- Performs other duties as assigned at his/her supervisor’s discretion.
- Must have full perception of the color spectrum, and the ability to create formulas in a timely manner using available materials.
- Prior experience color matching with pigments
- Requires basic computer proficiency for purposes of accessing formula database.
- Must have basic Math knowledge, including the use of fractions and decimal conversions.
- Must have strong attention to detail and be multi-task oriented.