, a subsidiary of Ascena Retail Group, Inc., (NASDAQ - ASNA), offers casual career and special occasion fashion apparel and accessories at value prices for women ages 35-55, operating approximately 830 stores in 48 states. Ascena Retail Group Inc. is a leading national specialty retailer of apparel for women and tween girls and boys, operating, through a family of wholly-owned subsidiaries,
, maurices, Justice, Lane Bryant, Cacique and Catherine's! Ascena operates through its subsidiaries over 3,800 stores throughout the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada, with revenues of over $4 billion.
, we believe talented people are our greatest asset. In return for your talent and hard work, we also offer career development, excellent benefits, a competitive compensation package and generous merchandise discounts across our brands.
Our design team is growing! We are seeking a Colorist Assistant to join this dynamic team. The Colorist Assistant will assist with palette development, color standards, communicating with color services and support design and merchant teams with sending color comments to vendors.
Essential Job Functions include:
• Assist with color library updates
• Create color standards and palettes as needed
• Assist with Color standards and distribution
• Create and maintain product files for each new season (archive files); move carry-in products forward
• Input and maintain all color comments to vendors
• Regular communication with production to maintain approval in a timely manner
• Actively participate in color training
• File Lab dips, Bulk Lots, Trims and strike offs
• Maintain approval books and records for approval process
• Update color tracking system with color approval status and assist with analysis to summarize status
• Provide color information to various departments throughout the company as needed
• Bachelor's Degree in related field
• Background in technical color and or color/fabric knowledge
• Knowledge of dyes and dyeing techniques for varied fiber contents and fabric structures
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Strong organizational skills; detail oriented with the ability to multitask and prioritize
• Superior score on 100 Hue Test
• Self-starter, able to accomplish goals with little supervision
• Proficiency in Mac operation, MS Office, and color/design systems
Ascena Retail Group (formerly Dress Barn, Inc.) has left the farm for greener -- but not leaner -- retail pastures. The apparel and...