About CoGo: Bike sharing is a sustainable, healthy and innovative community-based transportation program providing ideal short distance, point-to-point, and simple-to-use bikes for use around the city. With established systems in Washington, DC, Boston, MA, Melbourne, Australia and New York City, Alta Bicycle Share will be introducing this community-based transport option that enhances urban livability and mobility to Columbus in summer 2013.
The program allows for users to access bikes at multiple self-serve locations and return the bike to any other station in the system. Our responsibilities include: marketing and membership sales, station and bike repair and maintenance, station redeployment and reporting on system and operational performance.
We are currently seeking a hands-on, highly organized and motivated Bicycle Mechanic skilled at the art of bicycle repair and passionate about the potential for bike share to transform Columbus’ urban transportation landscape.
Position Overview: The lead mechanic will report to the Operations Manager and be responsible for daily maintenance of a fleet of 300 bike share bicycles. Daily tasks will alternate between more in-depth servicing of bikes at our operations center and preventive maintenance of bikes in the field. The lead bicycle mechanic will be charged not only with servicing bikes, but also with creating and tracking bike work orders, managing an inventory of spare parts, coordinating with key vendors and suppliers to ensure fleet operability and maintaining a clean and safe work environment. The workplace will be dynamic and there is an expectation of willingness to cross-train with the Technical Services department as operational success is premised on departmental cooperation. This individual must be a self-started and independent thinker with excellent problem solving abilities and able to easily work with both management and clients. This position may require frequent or prolonged standing, bicycling or driving and hours that exceed 8 hours per day and/or 40 hours per week.
- Oversee all aspects of the CoGo Bike Share Service Department, including repair, inventory, work flow and efficiency.
- Research and document best pricing and resources for spare parts supply.
- Communicate with key vendors to improve quality control and design standards.
- Communicate periodically with other Alta Service Managers to promote companywide efficiency and establish a base of collective knowledge and experience.
- Create innovative solutions to daily service issues.
- Hire, train, schedule, and manage service staff.
- Create innovative solutions to enhance the durability and cost effectiveness of CoGo Bike Share bicycles.
- Develop, execute, and share operational best practices.
- Identify and share opportunities for efficiency.
- Operate as a gatekeeper for all quality control requirements.
- Forecast expenses, and manage a budget.
- Respond to requests from the Operations Manager.
- Ensure OSHA compliant workplace and practices.
- Ensure contractual obligations are met or exceeded.
- Ensure reporting is accurate, complete and timely.
- Ensure a positive relationship between all service staff and management.
- Contribute to the future growth of CoGo Bike Share.
Alta - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard