DCP Midstream is the link in the energy chain ensuring society has clean energy to warm homes, manufacture goods, and produce consumer products. As the largest producer of natural gas liquids in the U.S, DCP Midstream, is proud of the role its 2800 employees perform in gathering and processing natural gas in 18 States. Jointly owned by Phillips 66 and Spectra Energy, DCP Midstream is the #1 Oil and Gas Company, and #1 Private Company in Denver, Colorado. (www.dcpmidstream.com)
• Responsible for making/receiving nominations and scheduling for assigned assets, pools and off-system pipelines. Performs confirmations with upstream and downstream parties. Handles after hours and weekend calls regarding nomination changes and operational issues affecting gas flow.
• Monitors estimated flows vs. nominations to calculate system imbalances and resolves imbalances with appropriate parties on a daily and monthly basis.
• Provides daily nominations set up and gas control report to each facility for which he/she is responsible. Provides direction to gas control and/or field operations to ensure flow of information 24 hours a day to maintain safe, efficient, and dependable gas flows.
• Communicates with field personnel, pipelines, markets, producers, and shippers to resolve various daily operational issues.
• Maintains storage balances and works with storage customers to ensure contractual requirements are met. Monitors and reports storage inventory to management and various reporting agencies.
• Identifies potential capacity constraints and works with customers, suppliers, operations, interconnecting pipelines and marketing to schedule gas to maximize throughput and minimize costs.
• Monitors, maintains, reconciles and resolves imbalances associated with take-in-kind, processing, gathering, pooling, transportation, and exchange agreements. Handles established SOX processes, including reconciliation of scheduled volumes with third party pipelines.
• Communicates with traders, commercial, suppliers, and/or markets to recommend buy/sell volumes.
• Provides billable volumes to accounting and works with all affected parties to resolve issues to ensure proper accounting. May verify third party invoices.
Please note: This position may be filled at a different level than indicated depending upon qualifications, skills, and experience of applicant, including Comm Ops Rep I, Comm Ops Rep II, Comm Ops Rep III, Sr Comm Ops Rep I, Sr Comm Ops Rep II, and Sr Comm Ops Rep III.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or Marketing or eight years exempt level experience
• One plus years experience in gas transportation transactions or a scheduling environment.
• Knowledge of DCP's business and GMS application.
• Knowledge of scheduling on gas pipelines.
• GMS application experience
• Knowledge of nomination, confirmation, and allocation procedures
• Familiarity with nominating on third party pipelines
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Commitment to customer service
• Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
• Computer literate
• Flexible and adaptable to rapid and continuous changes in the work environment
DCP Midstream - 11 months ago
DCP Midstream Partners is the publicly traded entity of DCP Midstream LLC, one of the largest natural gas gatherers in North America and...