Digital River , founded in 1994, is a global leader in cloud commerce outsourcing that builds and manages online businesses for more than 40,000 software publishers, manufacturers, distributors, and online retailers. Its multi-channel commerce solution, which supports both direct and indirect sales, is designed to help companies of all sizes maximize online revenues as well as reduce the costs and risks of running a commerce operation. The comprehensive platform offers site development and hosting, order management, fraud prevention, export controls, tax management, physical and digital product fulfillment, multilingual customer service, advanced reporting and strategic marketing services.
We are a publicly traded company (NASDAQ: DRIV) headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, with offices and more than 1400 employees located across the United States, Europe and the Asia Pacific.
Digital River is seeking a motivated, talented Monitoring Administrator to fill an opening on our Command Center team. This position is responsible for system monitoring, maintenance and problem escalation of Solaris, Linux, and Windows Server systems to support large commerce platforms as part of a larger 24x7x365 team. Daily work will consist of interaction with Developers, System Engineers, DBAs and key business leaders to help mold and drive the future of the platform.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Monitor and help maintain operating systems, applications and related infrastructure in a 24x7x365, high-availability environment. Various 1 st , 2 nd or 3 rd shift positions required.
- Responding to all alerts and monitors that are triggered on production systems.
- Identify and escalate issues to the proper individual or team as appropriate.
- General immediate triage and short-term resolution to maintain high levels of system availability.
- Help detect opportunities in applications for possible better performance and escalate to other teams.
- Create and maintain scripts for use in daily maintenance and troubleshooting tasks.
- Help identify systemic problems or other long-term issues and hand work off to appropriate teams.
- Implement and support system security standards.
- Follow procedures identified by SOX and PCI standards, and understand auditing requirements.
- Provide detailed debugging information (stack traces, log files,= etc.) to development to help solve production emergencies.
- Performing additional project work as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in a computer-related field, or equivalent experience.
- Professional Certification in at least one system technology is preferred.
- Demonstrates intermediate experience with UNIX, or Linux and some MS Windows knowledge.
- Demonstrates ability to troubleshoot issues and narrow cause to a subset of systems or platforms.
- Working knowledge of systems monitoring such as Solaris, Redhat, SUN Servers, Dell Servers, VMware and Windows 2003-2008
- Experience in implementation, support and administration of monitoring or load balancing skills
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, LDAP
- Working knowledge of F5 LTM/GTM and web caching technologies a plus
- Scripting experience in VBScript and PowerShell a plus
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
Hours: 2 nd or 3 rd shift requirements ( subject to change)
- Efficient organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday or Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday
Digital River, Inc. offers a variety of perks such as an on-site fitness center, on-site full-service cafeteria, free on-site parking, casual dress every day, tuition reimbursement, employee referral program, domestic partner benefits, auto and homeowners discounts, on-site massage therapists and chiropractors, bring your dog to work day, pet insurance and all in a beautiful, Leed-certified, state-of-the-art building with scenic walking trails.
Standard benefits include a competitive benefits package to all regular, full-time employees, a 401(k) plan with an aggressive company match, employee stock purchase plan, medical-dental-vision and life insurance, company paid short-term and long-term disability, a flexible spending/cafeteria plan, holiday and vacation days.
Digital River, Inc. supports and embraces a diverse workforce as an Equal Employment Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer.