Fitch Solutions, a division of the Fitch Group, focuses on the development of fixed-income products and services bringing to market a wide range of data, analytical tools and related services, and is the distribution channel for Fitch Ratings content. Fitch Solutions products and services provide market participants with greater insight into the growing complexity of the credit markets to enable more timely and informed business decisions.
Fitch Solutions is seeking a Commercial Analyst to support the development of and execute the commercial strategy for the division. The Commercial Analyst is responsible for providing the global commercial team with market, client and regulatory analysis to support the development of our commercial strategy and the execution of the strategy through the product management team. The Commercial Analyst will help ensure that business goals are achieved through providing input into the new product development process. The Commercial Analyst will develop specific knowledge and experience of credit data and its use within the financial services industry
In essence the Commercial Analyst will:
- Become the advocate for end users and customers by developing an understanding of the market and our client’s workflow
- Build a continuous, in-depth understanding of the Fitch Solutions product suite
- Follow and help apply the latest industry, competitor and regulatory trends to the Fitch Solutions business
- Build an understanding of the changing needs of the market and the customer base through market, competitor and client analysis
- Support the Commercial Director in Building a Product Vision / Product Proposal / Offering Strategy / Commercial Viability / Market Requirements Document / Product Road Map, which articulates a clear commercial direction for addressing gaps and opportunities.
- Have an interest in understanding financial models, data-driven products and credit analysis workflows
Supporting the success of the FS suite of products (revenue, new products, retention, and profitability) through:
- Creating detailed data analysis of existing and prospective client base
- Supporting the regional Commercial Director in specifying and validating market requirements for current and future products by undertaking qualitative and quantitative research with existing customers and potential prospects - conducting market research supported by on-going visits to customers and non-customers.
- Undertaking market validation to help product innovation and increase client adoption and retention on the Fitch Solutions products
- Helping conceptualize new products for development based on market knowledge and/or research.
- Providing market, industry and competitive analysis
- Supporting product marketing activities – pricing, positioning, key benefits, packaging, target market, competitor analysis – as summarized in the Go to Market Plan
- Working with marketing and sales to develop product collateral
- Conduct sales, trend, and profitability analyses of product offerings regularly performing win/loss analysis
A degree or equivalent experience in business, economics or financial services
Demonstrated interest in the financial services industry and the credit markets, in particular
Excellent data manipulation skills using Excel, Access and other databases
Excellent communication skills to help provide synergy, timeliness and quality of work across international cross-functional teams.
Ability to take the initiative, collaborate with others and work independently.
Ability to set analytical results within the commercial context
Fitch Ratings - 2 years ago
Because governments can have lousy credit, too, Fitch Ratings issues ratings for some 17,000 banks, financial institutions, insurance...