In order to be considered for employment at Merchants Bank, we need to receive a cover letter and resume from candidates.
Our online application system will allow you to upload one document. You may wish to combine your resume and cover letter into one document to upload. Thank you!
This position is full time in South Burlington, VT.
Responsible for all functions associated with the preparation and maintenance of new and existing commercial relationships while supporting Corporate, Government, Business Banking and Workout Officers. Execution of all administrative duties associated with the lending position, assistance with selling and cross-selling of bank products and adherence to external regulatory guidelines, bank loan policy guidelines and credit administration procedures. Responsible for providing timely and accurate reporting and information requests from bank regulators, auditors, senior management and outside loan reviewers related to the loan portfolio.
Principal Duties and Objectives
Loans - Perform all duties involved in generating a loan from start to finish such as:
· The ordering of flood determinations, environmental reports, appraisals/valuations, deposit accounts, CDs, credit reports, qualifiles, Laser Pro/Attorney documents, overdraft protection and auto payments.
· Responsible for gathering pertinent documentation relevant to each respective loan including but not limited to: applications, payoffs, interest calculations, permits, discharges, property transfer tax returns, 1099s, purchase & sales agreements, real estate deposits, invoices, W9s, Power of Attorney, commitment/term letters, leases, plans/specs, contracts, deeds and budgets.
· Completion of UCC/Secretary of State search, UCC Ilien, DMV-T19, HMDA and CRA tracking, wires, loan upload/closing packet and closing binders.
· Responsible for reviewing – loan documents and title work, to ensure all data is in conjunction with our terms and conditions set forth in approved LAR as well as policies and procedures..
· Create settlement statements to represent fees/charges associated with buy/sell transactions. Balancing of debit/credit tickets through GL and loan funding accounts, vendor payments, payoffs and loan proceeds.
· Responsible for collateral document package to be mailed or hand delivered to town clerk as well as obtaining lien releases to ensure bank’s priority security interest.
· Scheduling and conducting and/or assist in loan closings.
Portfolio - Monitoring account relationships to ensure bank policy and procedure are being followed correctly:
· Responsible for the request, collection and recording of financial covenants (tax returns, interims, projections, financial statements), in conjunction with loan agreements to be reviewed by credit, auditors, senior management, bank regulators and outside loan reviewers.
· Manage delinquencies through direct customer contact.
· Eliminate risk by clearing exceptions to ensure each loan is in compliance with loan policy and procedures.
· Preparing for future loan maturities and annual credit reviews by gathering all necessary information from customer to create and submit LAR, SBLAR or MCLAR worksheet to credit Lender for approval.
· Analyze and update monthly borrowing base certificates and accompanying financial reports to ensure conformity.
· Decision daily overdrafts by initiating customer contact to resolve funding issues, make transfers and obtaining appropriate approval when necessary.
· Manage officer calendar and assist in calling efforts by establishing initial prospective contact and scheduling appointments.
· Recommend ACH/Wire limit increases/decreases for appropriate approval. Complete ACH Agreements for renewals or modifications.
· Monitor construction loan advance and lien release request, by gathering supporting documentation, analyze budget parameters with use of funds and obtain approval.
· Establish strong working relationships with customers.
Team – Everyone works collaboratively in order to produce superior customer service.
· Setting priorities and allocating time to meet deadlines in fast-paced work environment with changing tasks and different team dynamics, all while providing flexibility and willingness to assist other colleagues.
· Cross- Selling includes but is not limited to performing Cash Management Service analysis, new account setups and ongoing maintenance in conjunction with Electronic Banking.
· Providing availability and willingness to field customer and internal calls, research, troubleshoot account/payment discrepancies or inquiries in a timely manner. Make appropriate corrections or changes that provide quality customer service while keeping within guidelines.
· Cross-train in all duties and functions within the corporate banking team
· Scanning essential documents (financial statements, SPARS, LARS, CEIS write-ups, quarterly reviews), distribute mail, run tickets and all other duties assigned from time to time.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
1. Preferred professional credentials include: a two year associates degree or four year bachelor’s degree or demonstrated equivalent in relevant work experience: one year of experience with a demonstrated ability to service customers in a commercial banking or financial environment.
2. An understanding of commercial lending concepts and practice, aptitude to manage multiple projects with conflicting deadlines and the ability to produce accurate work under time restraints.
3. Aptitude to comprehend banking procedures in a sensitive environment while adhering to bank and external regulatory policies and guidelines.
4. Aptitude and demonstrated proficiency in use of computer technology. Competency in all relevant platform systems within the bank. Willingness to personally master use of electronic products and services bank offers in the marketplace, including access to home banking and internet sites.
5. Superior interpersonal and teamwork skills, ability to work with a broad range of internal and external individuals.
6. Strong organizational, analytical and written skills are a must with demonstrated leadership background or potential.
7. Ability to exercise discretion and confidentiality.
8. Assertiveness to manage bank directives against customer needs and demands.