Commercial Banking Officer I through IV Business Banking San Antonio-1102986
Commercial Banking Officer, Business Banking
We invite you to explore the award-winning culture, people, rewards and opportunities that make Sterling Bank, a division of Comerica Bank, so special. Make your next career choice a confident one. The Commercial Banking Officer is responsible for new business development, portfolio management and underwriting to support the needs of our Business Banking group and target clients with an annual revenue of 2 to 20 million.
Successful incumbents are customer focused, have strong decision quality, drive for results, are good listeners and creative thinkers, negotiate well, take command of the situation, build strong peer relationships and manage with courage.
Sterling Bank, a division of Comerica Bank, uses IBM Lotus Notes for database, calendaring and e-mail functions.
This Commercial Banking Officer position is located at 840 Gessner Rd, Ste 100, Houston, TX 77024 and reports to the Group Manager. This position has no direct reports.
1. Increase the Bank's profitability by cultivating new business relationships.
2. Maintain and develop customer relationships, new business, and periodic review of existing loan arrangements.
3. Negotiate proper loan structures, selling the Bank's credit and non-credit products.
4. Accept special projects in support of the team and community involvement.
5. Maintain knowledge of corporate banking, credit and non-credit products, trust, real estate, treasury management and other bank functions.
6. Maintain knowledge of accounting and financial principles, marketing and sales principles, credit analysis, economics and other bank functions.
We know that our employees are critical to our overall success. We are dedicated to investing in their future to maintain long-term relationships for lasting commitments. One of the ways we do this is to offer a comprehensive package of compensation and benefits programs which are regularly reviewed to maintain them at competitive levels. Your salary will be commensurate with your work experience.
Qualifications Required: Applicants must have a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university and have completed a Commercial Credit Training Program in addition to the basic qualifications listed below, specified by level:
First Level Officer, Commercial Banking Officer I
Assistant Vice President, Commercial Banking Officer II
- 1 year commercial lending experience
- 1 year financial sales experience
Vice President, Commercial Banking Officer III
- 3 years commercial lending experience
- 2 years managing a portfolio of clients
- 2 years financial sales experience
Vice President, Commercial Banking Officer IV
- 5 years commercial lending experience
- 3 years managing a portfolio of clients
- 3 years financial sales experience
Sterling Bank, a division of Comerica Bank, is a financial services company headquartered in Dallas, Texas, and strategically aligned by the Business Bank, the Retail Bank, and Wealth & Institutional Management. Sterling Bank, a division of Comerica Bank, has more than 9,200 colleagues focus on relationships, and helping people and businesses be successful. In addition to Texas, Sterling Bank, a division of Comerica Bank, locations can be found in Arizona, California, Florida and Michigan, with select businesses operating in several other states, as well as in Canada and Mexico.
- 7 years commercial lending experience
- 5 years managing a portfolio of clients
- 3 years financial sales experience
Upon offer, Sterling Bank, a division of Comerica Bank, conducts a comprehensive background check and a hair follicle drug test. Upon hire, a fingerprinting check is completed.
Sterling Bank, a division of Comerica Bank, is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to workplace diversity.
Primary Location : US-TX-San Antonio
Shift: Day Shift
Work Hours (Example: 8:00am - 5:00pm Monday - Friday): Monday-Friday 8-5
: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Comerica - 20 months ago