Posting Job Title: Commercial Broadband Tech
Requisition #: 142692BR
Posting Location: United States - Texas - Austin
Area of Interest: Engineering/Technical Operations
Position Type: Full Time
Posting Job Description:
Time Warner Cable currently seeks a Broadband Technician for our Commercial Technical Operations Department. Below please find a brief description of the essential duties and responsibilities required to function successfully in this position.
The purpose of this position is to install, upgrade and disconnect all offered TWC services to commercial business locations and residential subscriber homes in accordance with TWC guidelines and to the customer’s satisfaction.
- Installs drop cable from pole (aerial) or pedestal (underground) and interior outlets to commercial and residential subscriber businesses, homes and apartments and activates Video, HSD and Telephone services following TWC installation procedures.
- Installs and works with coaxial, data and twisted pair phone cables integrating video, data, telephone service into new and existing commercial and residential wiring.
- Installs & troubleshoots analog and digital channel converters, cable modems, wireless gateways, routers, switches, multi-media terminal adapters (telephone service) and properly connects to TVs, computers, networks, surround sound systems, DVD players, VCRs, telephones etc. per TWC procedures.
- Performs upgrades, downgrades and disconnects of service.
- Utilizes various test equipment (FSM, VOM, Leakage Detector, Toner, brown meter etc.) to troubleshoot and repair problems.
- Utilizes Nextel cellular and radio communication to effectively communicate with supervisor, customers and dispatch as well as utilize a wireless/paperless work force management device.
- Troubleshoots problems occurring from the tap (point of connection) to the subscriber outlets.
- Recognizes, practices and enforces safety rules and procedures when performing technical tasks. -- Enters material requisitions and coordinates with warehouse for equipment requisition.
- Performs comprehensive product and service tutorials to customers per guidelines utilizing documentation and checklists, conducts product demonstrations, and up-sells services at the time of installation following guidelines of the upgrade commission plan.
- Collects money from subscribers for non-pay or disconnect service.
- Performs system audits to verify unauthorized service connections.
- Maintains appropriate drop plant to conform to FCC mandate, CLI and system performance specifications.
The ability to climb utility poles required. Must have a mechanical aptitude with working knowledge in using various tools and equipment. Must also have map reading skills, knowledge of radio procedures, basic math and reasoning skills as well as the ability to communicate via email, two-way radio, and telephone. Basic knowledge and familiarity with consumer home electronics such as TVs, HDTVs, VCRs, DVDs and surround sound systems. Basic computer user skills such as internet/browser navigation and email usage. Must have solid customer service skills, and a professional work appearance. Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or three months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience in CATV, telecommunications or electronics preferred. Technical certifications such as A+ and Network + preferred. Knowledge of installing and troubleshooting computer hardware, software, and peripherals preferred
More on TWC
Time Warner Cable provides generous benefits. Health care and retirement benefits are significant portions of the total compensation package at TWC, and we invest more in those benefits than most employers. In addition, we offer tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, competitive paid-time-off programs, work-life resources, and discounted pricing on TWC residential products and services for employees within our footprint. Our hope is that, by providing our employees with rich and flexible benefits, we can help them take care of the people who matter most – at work and at home.
Time Warner Cable is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
FCC Unit_TWC: 1221
Controlling Establishment ID: 00009 - Austin 12012 MoPac
Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. Its core...