Responsible for the business development and growth of the credit union’s commercial real estate loan portfolio. The Commercial Business Officer III will typically originate and close loans in the $5MM - $ 10MM range. Responsible for delivery of the credit union’s WOW service initiatives.
Reports to: Director of Business Services
Contacts: Bellco Business Services members, Bellco prospects, branch employees, lending division employees, credit union corporate office employees, member services employees, CUSO employees and underwriters, credit union examiners, in person, by telephone or by electronic or written correspondence.
Education: Four year college degree or equivalent relevant experience.
Experience: Minimum of seven years with a financial institution or equivalent during which the following experience would have been obtained:
In depth Knowledge of multiple commercial real estate loan types
Business Development of Commercial Real Estate Members and Prospects
Commercial Real Estate basic Loan Underwriting
Analyzing Financial Statements and Tax returns
Working knowledge of commercial deposit products
Skills: Demonstrated ability to negotiate pricing and fees on a per loan basis
Demonstrated ability to deliver loan presentations to loan committees
Demonstrated ability to create commercial loan write-ups
Strong commercial lending underwriting skills
Strong Sales and interpersonal skills
Demonstrated ability to analyze tax returns and personal and business financial statements
Strong ability to create and maintain a large pipeline of commercial loan applications
Ability to successful manage multiple tasks and priorities
Strong Team Player and Member
General knowledge of accounting principles and internal control procedures
Strong writing skills
Strong communications skills
Physical ability to travel
General computer knowledge and facility
Equipment: Phone, computer, monitor and keyboard, fax machine, copier
Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time
- Demonstrate Bellco’s WOW behaviors in all interactions with members, prospective members, personnel in other departments and CUSO partners.
- Make outside sales calls
- Originate commercial real estate loans typically in the $5MM - $10MM range.
- Work cooperatively with underwriters on commercial real estate loans.
- Write up final analysis and recommendations for loan presentations
- Continually monitor market conditions and competitor offerings to assist with marketing strategies
- Collect annually required financial documentation for each assigned loan including tax returns, financial statements and insurance policies.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of all lending regulations.
- Standards of performance and accountability: Achieve or exceed annual production goals for closed commercial real estate loans and origination fees collected. Adhere to all Bellco policies and procedures. Provide necessary information for regulatory and compliance reports.
- Regular and punctual attendance.
Travel to branches, members, potential members and site inspection visits will be necessary.
Bellco requires all employees who drive their personal or a company vehicle in the routine performance of their jobs have a valid Driver’s license. They must also provide proof of valid insurance.