DEB Construction has over 35 years of experience in the areas of general contracting including ground-up construction, retail renovations, core and shell, interior fit-outs, consolidations, and roll-out projects. DEB's core markets are Financial, Healthcare and Critical Facilities. DEB Construction is a full-service construction company with headquarters in Anaheim, California, and an additional office in Pleasanton, CA but also has licenses and does work in Arizona, Nevada, Oregon and Washington.
In 2007 and in 2008, DEB Construction was named to Inc. Magazine's list of the 5000 fastest growing private companies in the US, and, was named one of 5 world-wide Suppliers of Distinction by Jones Lang LaSalle.
Project Manager Position Overview:
DEB Construction is looking for a highly technical Project Manager with strong mechanical, plumbing and electrical background. Critical Facility and OSHPD experience required. The Project Manager shall be the Team Lead for his/her project and exhibit the following leadership characteristics: Integrity, Communication, Organization, Innovation, Mentoring, Problem Solving and Business Development. Under general direction, the Project Manager plans, budgets, directs, and coordinates, usually through subordinate personnel, activities concerned with the construction and maintenance of structures, facilities, and systems. Participates in the conceptual development of a construction project and oversee its organization, scheduling, and implementation in order to ensure success. The Project Manager must be able to work independently while maintaining a strong relationship, cohesion and transparency with the DEB team at large.
Key Responsibilities - Must Know How's
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Ability to estimate and bid projects without an estimating department
- Must be proficient in Excel, Word and Microsoft Projects
- Proven track record of delivering successful projects
- Experience preferred in Tenant Improvements in at least one of the following markets:
Critical Facilities and Health Care markets.
- MUST have worked for a GC and not as an Owner's Rep. Owner's Rep's do not get into the weeds
enough for what we do. We are specialized builders.
This is not intended as a comprehensive list; it is intended to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities. The Project Manager may not be required to perform all duties listed, and may be required to perform additional, position-specific tasks.
- Direct and supervise employees.
- Study job specifications and construction documents to determine appropriate construction methods.
- Evaluate construction methods and determine cost-effectiveness of plans.
- Interpret and explain plans and contract terms to administrative staff, workers, subcontractors and clients.
- Prepare and submit budget estimates and progress and cost tracking reports in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Select, contract, and manage workers who complete specific pieces of the project.
- Prepare contracts and validate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with
architects, consultants, clients, suppliers and subcontractors.
- Obtain all necessary permits and licenses.
- Plan, organize, script and direct activities concerned with the construction and maintenance of
structures, facilities, and systems.
- Schedule the project in logical steps with an emphasis of meeting the client's expectations while
allowing the subcontractors the ability to maximize productivity.
- Develop and implement quality control programs.
- Inspect and review projects to monitor compliance with building and safety codes, and other
- Create contingencies and take actions to deal with the results of delays, bad weather, or emergencies at construction sites. Ensure that all solutions are both safe and meet all applicable OSHA guidelines.
- Confer with supervisory personnel, owners, subcontractors, and design professionals to discuss and resolve matters such as work procedures, unforeseen conditions, and construction challenges.
- Inspect and review projects to ensure work is being completed in the highest of quality standards.
- Prepare and submit billings in a timely and accurate fashion.
Background Experience Required:
- 7+ years Project Manager Experience with at least 4 years focused on the Healthcare (OSHPD) and Critical Facilities market segments required.
- MUST have a majority experience in commercial construction.
- Proven track record of not only the completion of projects on time and within budget but also
significant challenges overcome in order to ensure success.
- Track record of success in an environment of managing multiple projects with varied needs and
deadlines, with demonstrated ability to keep track of details.
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management or other relevant field desirable.
- LEED AP or Green Associate desirable.
Compensation is commensurate with the experience of the candidate. We offer a highly competitive compensation, and benefits package.
Please send your resume and salary history.
Please note that resumes without salary history will not be considered.
Recruiters please don't contact this job poster.
Please, no phone calls about this job!
No relocation assistance offered for this position.