Location: Columbia, MD
Obtains and analyzes information, primarily financial, for the purposes of assisting in the underwriting of commercial loan requests. Prepares both business financial spreads and individual spreads and also performs a variety of administrative tasks in support of the credit and loan administration functions.
MAJOR JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES :
1. Prepares business financial spreads for both new and existing client relationships, utilizing a software program, in accordance with established guidelines, policies and procedures.
2. Prepares individual financial spreads for both new and existing client relationships in accordance with established guidelines, policies and procedures.
3. Obtains and analyzes a variety of reports utilized in the commercial loan underwriting process, including Dun & Bradstreet reports, LexisNexis reports and personal credit bureau reports.
4. Prepares financial spreads for insurance carriers under Bank-owned life insurance (BOLI).
5. Maintains and prepares administrative reports including, but not limited to, Credit Analyst Pipeline report.
6. Assists with industry studies and other special projects as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
1. Two to four years of college work in accounting, business administration and/or finance, with a bachelor’s degree recommended.
2. A minimum of one year of experience as a credit analyst or one to two years of comparable work experience.
3. Strong analytical skills and attention to detail. Position requires the collection, interpretation and analysis of data from diverse sources.
4. Ability to utilize standard PC-based software to prepare correspondence, reports and other documents as needed. Intermediate to advanced experience with FIS, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Word preferred.
5. Strong oral and written communication skills.
6. Solid organizational skills and the ability to consistently work under time constraints.
SPECIFIC PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Work requires reasonable mobility in and around the work area. Ability to use standard computer and phone systems is required.
1. Normal office environment where there is almost no discomfort due to temperature, dust, noise, or other disagreeable elements.
2. Work includes little or no potential exposure to hazardous conditions.
3. Must be able to travel to remote company and/or client locations.
Sandy Spring Bank - 19 months ago
Sandy Spring Bancorp is the holding company for Sandy Spring Bank, which operates around 50 branches in the Baltimore and Washington, DC,...