Responsible for client credit relationships in the commercial segment. Uses sound and consistent underwriting and management of commercial loan risk within assigned team (Real Estate or C&I) while balancing loan, deposit, and fee growth, overall client profitability, client retention, and credit quality. Meets with clients and prospects to gather and analyze information used to reach decisions regarding loan approval, loan structure, and client risk rating. The portfolio manager utilizes appropriate authority to facilitate timely and marketable response to client and prospect credit requests that meet Bank’s overall credit policies and profit goals; uses thorough and prudent credit analysis and sound business judgment to structure Bank debt for meeting client needs. Coordinates team activities dealing with documentation, closing, booking, and timely loan package completion. Actively manages the construction funding and draw process for construction and development loans.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities :
- Develops and maintains all lending relationships on the centralized risk management tickler systems
- Obtains all financial reporting that is required for prudent loan approval and risk management practices
- Notifies Relationship Manager(s) and credit approval personnel of tardy and non-compliant borrowers in a timely manner
- Manages the Commercial Maturity Report, Past Due Report, Exceptions Report, and Financial Tickler Tracking Report
- Prepares credit package for timely review and final approval, including:
- Analyzes borrower financial statements and cash flows
- Evaluates of adequacy of loan structure
- Performs “stress test” of all significant credit relationships for sensitivity to changes in liquidity, inventory levels, interest rates, vacancy rates, and other relevant factors
- Researches borrower industry and market conditions (Ementor, First Research)
- Analyzes guarantor/personal tax returns and financial statements
- Creates of Credit Request Memo used for credit presentation
- Creates of PowerPoint slides for credit presentation (when applicable)
- Presents of findings to appropriate loan approval bodies when necessary
- Assists and participates in both client and prospect business development call preparation
- Performs profitability analysis model on all relationships
- Partners with Relationship Manager(s) on maintaining organized and current credit files and on ways of improving overall ROE to the Bank
- Assists with the loan workflow of the relevant department(s) for origination and documentation
- Provides direction and feedback to Loan Assistants and Relationship Manager(s) on proper workflow procedures and adherence to Bank Credit Policy
- Oversees and approves all construction draws before funds are disbursed
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management
- Experience in commercial banking and construction lending is preferred
- Three or more years in the financial services industry, ideally in a risk management, credit underwriting, or loan production role
- Bachelors degree in Finance, Business Administration, Accounting or Economics
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of standard and specialized computer hardware and software packages such as Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to read and understand a variety of reports, spreadsheets, and forms.
- Ability to effectively communicate information clearly through all media channels.
- Ability to interact effectively with clients and Bank associates at all levels.
- Ability to handle several tasks simultaneously and to work under time limits