Commercial Credit Analyst (CCA) Role:
Responsible for supporting Business Lending by analyzing commercial credit opportunities, recommending appropriate lending structures, delivering quality credit memos with support and participating in the annual review process. Day to day work will include cash flow analysis, spreading business financials and tax returns, spreading guarantor financials and tax returns, and other commercial underwriting functions. The CCA is expected to take the initiative to make improvements to business services procedures and processes to enhance the work environment and member experience. The incumbent will help ensure adherence to all Federal and State laws and regulations applicable to the Credit Union, including the Bank Secrecy Act.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Analyzes commercial credit opportunities (including but not limited to, cash flow, debt service coverage, leverage, liquidity, collateral loan to values, risk analysis, etc.)
• Generates quality credit memos for credit committee with accurate, thorough and thoughtful supporting documentation
• Assists members and internal departments with research and resolution of problems relating to business services commercial lending products.
• Ensures the integrity of the loan origination and annual review process by verifying accurate business loan data.
• Ensures loan recommendations conform to the Credit Union's lending policies and are in compliance with regulatory and legal requirements.
• Works with the internal Business Intelligence Team in creating and communicating critical performance data related to all commercial products and services.
• Work with IT and other supporting departments on necessary technology and project implementations and enhancements
• Assist Business Lending teammates as needed
• Other duties as may be assigned.
1. Provides expertise in financial analysis with regards to business services in order to enhance member value.
2. Provides professional, personal, accurate service with a positive attitude towards members, both internal and external.
3. Remains flexible and supportive as departmental needs arise.
4. Treats all employees of the Credit Union with respect, courtesy and an open mind.
5. Understands procedures and regulations related to business services.
6. Adapts well to change and is passionate about finding new ways to solve business needs.
7. Acts as a team player within the various departments and branches throughout the organization.
8. Continually works to become more proficient and knowledgeable within the department.
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience: Must have minimum five years of experience as commercial underwriter or closely related position working with credit analysis of business and personal financials. Commercial & Industrial (C&I) lending experience a must. Commercial Real Estate lending a plus. Experience with common financial institution technology a plus (Symitar, Baker Hill, Salesforce, Imaging Software, Power Pivot, etc.)
Education: Must have 4 year college degree in finance, accounting, business management or closely related field. Masters degree in finance, accounting, business management or related field is a plus. Additional commercial underwriting training a plus.
Interpersonal Skills: Strong verbal and written communication skills. Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy. Ability to deal with many sensitive situations while maintaining a professional demeanor. Attention to detail.
Other Skills: Data entry, MS Office, Internet, Outlook.
This Job Description is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities comprising this position and is subject to change with or without notice.
"A candidate’s credit history is one factor in Elevations Credit Union determining qualification for employment. A history of personal financial irresponsibility as demonstrated below may be reason for disqualification.
- Profit and loss write-offs (Uncollected debt that is written off by creditor)
- Accounts sent to collection
- Public record judgments (Tax liens and public judgments for civil action)
Elevations Credit Union is aware that occasionally there are extenuating circumstances such as divorce or a medical crisis that may affect an individual’s credit history. Since credit records are one component of Elevations Credit Union’s hiring process, candidates will not be disqualified solely based on their previous credit history. Any decision to exclude a candidate will only be made after conferring with Human Resources. We comply with the Fair Credit Reporting Act. "
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
Elevations Credit Union - 19 months ago