Class Start Date: 4/15/2013
JOB SUMMARY: Learns to service commercial insurance business via direct (inbound) telephone and internet contact with current customers in multiple states. Learns to provide counseling regarding insurance needs and product availability. Will become specialized in all commercial and/or Agribusiness lines.
RELATIONSHIP: Reports to Supervisor/Manager.
1. Learns to provide first level customer service for commercial customers including agents and contract holders/policyholders. Learns to respond to all questions and provides service in accordance with established procedures and best practices. Learns to perform outbound calls and follow-up work as required to process customer requests.
2. Learns to answer questions and provide explanations regarding service requests and coverage for commercial policies, limits and deductibles considering customer needs as well as company guidelines. Learns to process changes, reinstatements and cancellations for all types of commercial policies; provides quotation and binds coverage within prescribed limits.
3. Learns to handle agent and policyholder correspondence and related paperwork. Learns how to issue certificate of insurance, evidence of insurance and other documents as to ensure proof of insurability. Learns to follow up for necessary documents and payments in order to process customer requests.
4. Learns to maintain a consistent quality and quantity of work at prescribed standards. Learns to identify and prioritize own work according to prescribed standards.
5. Learns to maintain working knowledge of state-specific processing procedures, all processing systems, credit and collections procedures, pricing guidelines and eligibility and team concepts.
6. Performs other duties as assigned
Education: High school studies; undergraduate studies preferred.
Licenses: Some positions may require state licensing. Associates must obtain the required Federal and/or state licenses/registrations within the time period designated by the business unit. Additional licenses/registrations may be required when new products and services are implemented. If an associate fails or is unable to obtain required licenses/registrations within the time period designated by the business unit, the associate will be ineligible to continue in the position.
Experience: One year related work experience. Prefer exposure to commercial insurance agency and/or call center environment. Customer service experience preferred.
Knowledge: Knowledge of all applicable product lines and knowledge of customer service role.
Skills/Competencies: Command of verbal and written communication skills to interact with agents, policyholders, managers, third parties and other departments via the telephone or email system on a constant basis. Ability to operate personal computer and related processing systems, calculator and other business equipment. Ability to understand and communicate technical insurance information to internal/external customers. Strong interpersonal and multi-tasking skills.
Credit Check: Due to the fiduciary accountabilities within this job, a valid credit check and/or background check will be required as part of the selection process.
Values: Regularly and consistently demonstrates the Nationwide Values and Guiding Behaviors.
Staffing exceptions to the above Minimum Job Requirements must be approved by: HR and Director
Overtime Eligibility: Eligible (non-exempt)
Working Conditions: Requires the ability and availability to work in a call center environment including extended periods of sitting at a PC, use of headset, and overtime as needed (non-exempt). Flexible scheduling may be needed for adequate phone coverage.
ADA: The above statements cover what are generally believed to be principal and essential functions of this job. Specific circumstances may allow or require some people assigned to the job to perform a somewhat different combination of duties.
Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company - 10 months ago