Commercial Explosives Blaster
The Austin Powder Company is looking for a Commercial Explosives Blaster for our Tulsa, OK location.
Duties / Responsibilities
- As a Commercial Explosives Blaster you will provide blasting services at the customer site to meet the established customer requirements in support of the location’s strategic plan and regulatory compliance.
- Assists in all duties required in the blast area as directed and maintain a safe and healthy work environment.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Oklahoma Blaster’s license Required
- CDL with Hazmat endorsements preferred
- MSHA Safety and Health Training required and provided by the company on hire.
- Must meet requirements of all State and Federal explosive laws.
- Frequent lifting of 40-60 pound product bags or boxes.
- Able to work outside in all weather conditions
- 401(k) / Profit Sharing Plan
- Flexible Spending Account
- Life / AD&D Insurance
- Short Term-Disability
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
The Austin Powder Company was started in 1833 to manufacture black powder used to blast rocks, mine coal, create canals, and literally move mountains. Today Austin Powder's commercial explosives are used primarily for construction, mining, quarrying, and seismic exploration. Products include detonating cord, detonator-sensitive emulsions, cast boosters, and high-explosive emulsions. It also makes electric and non-electric detonators.