Responsible for profitable growth of Property/Casualty and Workers Compensation business through proper classification and pricing of risks within assigned territory/industry. Evaluates commercial business for risk acceptability - matching price to exposure, loss frequency and severity for profitability, and rating plans/modifications for renewal retention.
Establishes collaborative relationships with Agencies to understand the external marketplace and underwrites within established performance standards and priorities that are responsive to marketing, underwriting, retention and service goals.
- Accepts, modifies or rejects risks based on a review of business in terms of loss experience, inspection reports, file information, web resources, policyholder tenure, related policies, and nature of risk in accordance with company guidelines, standards and compliance with state laws.
- Provides documentation for any exceptions to established guidelines and critical account information relating to the final underwriting decision. Verifies coverage eligibility. Interprets policy contract language/forms and uses approved classification systems, rating plans and selection standards to determine eligibility, desirability and proper classification/pricing.
- Effectively communicates decisions and resolve agent/customer concerns promptly. Provides technical assistance to internal and external customers regarding coverage interpretations, policy and endorsement provisions, and underwriting acceptability for commercial property/casualty and workers compensation coverage's.
- Develops collaborative working relationships with assigned agents providing excellent customer service. Includes effective communication through phone calls and email to gather and analyze necessary information critical to the underwriting process and occasional field visits, to create new business opportunities and improve policy renewal retention.
- At direction of the Team Manager, evaluates unprofitable books of business, agents or districts. Assists in developing plans to improve profitability. Informs team Manager of weakness in coverage and/or products that are adversely impacting growth potential.
- Gathers pertinent competitive information to assist in developing recommendations to product development. Provides support in a mentoring role to other team members within the commercial department, providing underwriting philosophy, guidance and training on transactions that exceed team member authority levels.
- Assists in educating agencies on products, services, automation, and underwriting standards as well as sales and cross selling techniques to promote accomplishment of our corporate goals.
- Maintains underwriting quality standards. May be required to work outside of core business hours depending on business needs. Performs other duties as assigned.
Preferred Skills & Abilities:
- Previous commercial experience required.
- Independent agent experience preferred, but not required
- Specialized insurance courses a plus.
- Willingness to pursue additional Insurance Education through the CPCU program.
Relocation Assistance Available - Possible for the ideal candidate
Years of Experience:
The StaffWell Group is a national staffing company specializing in Healthcare, Sales, Retail and Finance positions. We connect...