We are looking for a Commercial Lines Account Manager in our Mountain Region in the Billings, MT office of Hub International Limited. This role requires an individual who is professional and who displays the drive, determination, and self-motivation to build a business. Specifically, your mission will be to service and maintain existing accounts while uncovering opportunities for increasing business.
- Manages a book of insurance business, while acting with a high degree of independent discretion, autonomy, and decision-making.
- Provides professional, courteous service to our clients, carrier representatives, underwriters, business partners, and HUB colleagues, resulting in a rate of account retention that meets or exceeds expectations.
- Provides a high level of support to Producers in obtaining, maintaining, and expanding business.
- May also be responsible for account rounding and the development of new business as appropriate and in accordance with standard practices, policies, and procedures.
- Oversees the preparation and implementation of all transactions, paperwork, and internal processing for assigned accounts.
- Acquires understanding of clients’ insurance objectives and critically analyzes and compares insurance plans to determine suitability. Stays abreast of changes in the insurance industry and other external conditions that may impact their clients. Makes appropriate recommendations to clients in response to those changes independent of manager approval.
- Acts as liaison between clients and insurance carriers to resolve escalated complex service issues that require policy interpretation and experience based judgment to resolve. May also negotiate with underwriters and carriers. Troubleshoots claims and billing issues.
- Responsible for overall retention of accounts in assigned book of business.
- Develops new business from existing accounts and assigned leads and contributes to meeting departmental production goals. Identifies and follows-up on cross-selling opportunities when appropriate.
- Manages, organizes, and conducts client meetings when necessary.
- Appropriately documents conversations with clients and carrier representatives and updates all HUB computer systems and automated agency management systems when necessary. Ensures the accuracy of data in those systems.
- Travels on company business as required. Prepares reports for management as required.
- Supports, mentors, and trains lower level Account Managers and Assistant Account Managers, as necessary.
- Attends industry related continuing education training and courses.
- Excellent oral and written English communications skills.
- Superior customer service and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency with computer systems, including but not limited to Microsoft Office and automated agency management systems.
- Ability to work in a positive team environment.
- Ability to work a regular, full-time work schedule at HUB’s facility(s) and ability to travel on business when required.
- High School diploma or equivalent; AA and/or college degree preferred.
- Currently licensed in good standing in required lines and states.
- Current with all necessary CE credits in required lines and states.
- Advanced professional designation highly desirable (e.g. AAI, ARM, CIC).
Hub International is an insurance broker that operates more than 340 offices in a decentralized regional hub-and-satellite-office structure....