College education or at least five years of equivalent insurance experience.
Knowledge of insurance products and usages and commitment to complete educational requirements including Pictorial, IIA, CISR, or CPCU courses.
Property Casualty licensed or commitment to complete within 3 months. Commitment to continuing education courses.
Knowledge of insurance markets, rating procedures, coverages, and industry operations to effectively manage, maintain, and write assigned client and prospect lists.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide whole numbers, and to accurately perform simple calculations involving decimals and fractions.
Ability to utilize computer and understand functionality. Consistently increasing knowledge of available technology and amending work patterns to maximize efficiency.
Knowledge and ability to perform technical tasks to expedite client service. High degree of self-discipline and motivation.
Possess skills of persuasion and negotiation.
Satisfactory completion of agency testing requirements.
Understanding of special coverages and service needs of assigned clients that require specialized knowledge for contract review, specification review, specialized coverages etc. (for example contractors-including but not limited to OCP’s, Railroad Protective Liability policies, NYS Department of Transportation requirements, Builders’ Risk and Installation coverages and project insurance specification review and analysis).
Must maintain a valid drivers license, or have transportation available when needed to be able to leave for calls, meetings and/or visits.
· Assume overall responsibility of service relationship with client on an ongoing basis.
· Direct clients with making coverage changes in an automated environment; uses each contact with the client as an opportunity to review the whole account, round it and market.
· Work independently to inform and educates clients about policy coverage, changes, exclusion, and insurance coverage needs and advises Account Executive/Producer where necessary. Responds to clients needs by producing appropriate paperwork.
· Plays key role in retention of accounts. Responsible for clients renewal program and managing the process.
· Proactively handles pre-renewal data gathering and discussions with clients. Reviews current program, operations, and exposures with client. Makes recommendations regarding coverages, markets, pricing, financing, etc. Meets with Account Executive/Producer to discuss account as needed.
· Negotiates with carriers on renewals, understanding the underwriting process.
· Secure appropriate coverages for clients, being cognizant of underwriting guidelines and agency binding authority.
· Assists in design of, or independently designs, insurance plans for clients. Meet and present such designs and recommendations to other service team members and/or clients
· Visit clients independently, or in conjunction with other members of the clients service team, as needed to maintain knowledge of the client's operations, and establish a working relationship.
· Prepare Excess & Surplus Filings as needed.
· Works independently recognizing and utilizing available resources.
· Actively solicits increases in coverage and rounds out accounts through sales to clients.
· Refers current and prospective clients to appropriate divisions.
· Act as a technical resource for client, Account Executive/Producer and other team members.
· Must adhere to pertinent laws, regulations, First Niagara’s Compliance Policy and external compliance requirements.
NewAlliance Bank - 2 years ago
A lot of water and a few barrels have gone over Niagara Falls since First Niagara Bank was founded. Tracing its roots to 1870, the flagship...