Assist in development and execution of Property or Casualty account strategies for growth and profit, for the Commercial Lines Business Unit.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
1. Assist CL management and underwriters on the underwriting and pricing of the most complex underwriting risks within their specialty or expertise consistent with the underwriting and product strategy.
2. Responsible for the continued refinement of Property/Casualty growth, policies, guidelines, processes, and pricing. This position owns the top-line growth and loss ratio performance for their product area.
3. Assess areas of opportunity for profitable growth. In conjunction with Chief Underwriter and underwriting leadership, develop underwriting and product plans to capitalize on growth, opportunities, and profit.
4. Proactively monitor lines of business results, and act quickly and effectively to growth and profit challenges.
5. Serve as the technical expert and referral underwriter for Casualty and Property products.
6. Develop and deliver training that assures skill gaps are identified and improved upon. Assure underwriter and underwriting leadership expertise level matches our business needs.
7. Create and implement a multi-year growth, underwriting and product agenda for WC and the XPP product. Assure underwriting practices match the same.
8. In conjunction with Actuarial, implement pricing modeling and monitor performance to model. Assure underwriting actions align with the model by measuring and monitoring pricing by individual, territory, state and countrywide. Share findings and observations with Underwriting leadership on an ongoing basis. Recommend changes as appropriate.
9. Evaluate and monitor results to assure consistency in underwriting, pricing, and risk quality. Serve as the XPP technical expert, and monitor and recommend changes to enhance growth and profitability. Assure the integrity of the product, and position it as a “value” product designed for the above average account.
10. In conjunction with the Chief Underwriter and Underwriting leadership, serve as an active participant in the file audit process across their assigned lines.
11. Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience. Ten or more years of commercial lines underwriting or product experience, including experience with larger brokers and agents. Strong communication, negotiation, teaching and analytical skills needed. Management experience a plus.