Achieve profitable underwriting results in support of growth and profit objectives by appropriate risk selection, agency relations, book management and self-development.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
1. Selects new risks based on established departmental guidelines within delegated authority. Utilizes appropriate endorsements/policy forms and applies appropriate pricing structure. Place reinsurance as within authority.
2. Refers viable risks outside of authority to State Manager after pre-underwriting is complete. Demonstrate knowledge of subject material through referral discussions and file documentation. Exhibit sound judgment in decision-making.
3. Responsible for prospecting, evaluating, appointing and developing new agencies in the fulfillment of growth objectives.
4. Establish, implement and monitor annual business plans for agencies in the assigned sales territory.
5. Identify agencies with the greatest potential for profitable growth and maximize field time committed to supporting those agencies.
6. Analyzes quality, volume, mix of business and profit for assigned producers. Identifies trends in submission activity and works to meet production targets as established. Maintain policy retention and pricing objectives.
7. Maintains superior service that meets and exceeds department standards.
8. Responsive to producer needs. Displays confidence in negotiating terms, conditions and pricing with assigned producers. Can find creative product and pricing solutions to write business as the need arises. Displays understanding EODB with customers.
9. Develop effective relationships with agents to meet production goals. Practice effective verbal and written communication skills and maintain professionalism in all work dealings.
10. Responsible for agency travel to increase producer awareness of Grange underwriting appetites, philosophy and product offerings.
11. Develop and maintain full knowledge of all policy forms, coverages, rating plans and manuals for all lines written. Serve as a resource to our agents and share knowledge and experience with our underwriters.
12. Provide insight and input on all assigned agents for the agency reviews.
13. Maintain thorough and complete file documentation for all assigned accounts. Thought process should be evident and logical.
14. Demonstrates understanding and ability to analyze financial statements.
MARGINAL FUNCTIONS :
1. Utilizes Grange systems for underwriting analysis, communication and maintaining awareness of claims and loss control activity within assigned book of business.
2. Observes and investigates competitive market trends and shares information with team.
3. Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree or CPCU designation or comparable education and experience plus three or more years commercial multiple lines underwriting experience preferred. Must possess excellent communication, PC skills and work management skills, and the ability to complete multiple tasks within set deadlines and should be willing to continue learning and updating skills. Significant travel is required to develop effective agency relations.
At Grange, we are committed to providing our agents with a full line of competitive products and services to meet the individual needs and...