Critical to the company’s ongoing targeted growth and profitability, the CLOM is accountable for all aspects of P&C service within the territory.
The CLOM reports directly to the President. The CLOM is also responsible for incorporating guidelines and practices that are to be implemented through the company. The CLOM is responsible for the training and mentoring of the P&C staff.
The CLOM has peer relationships with designated office leaders, where appointed, and is responsible for working with these leaders to ensure the design and implementation of effective processes and procedures for profitably growing the practice. While these peer relationships should be cooperative and mutually supportive, final authority on matters relating specifically to P&C practices and procedures rests with the CLOM.
The CLOM will have direct reports that include all P&C staff (not including Sales).
Key is that the CLOM establish and contribute to a positive culture, promoting HUB’s brand and values internally and externally, while maximizing the strengths and capabilities of each individual and the organization as a whole.
- Very strong degree of self-motivation.
- Physically able to travel extensively by car and/or airplane throughout the territory, occasionally beyond, to carry out responsibilities. This includes a willing commitment of time that can and often does extend well beyond a traditional 40-hour work week and constant availability to others in the organization.
- At least 10 years of progressive P&C insurance experience, the majority of which must be within an agency, brokerage, or consulting firm.
- Demonstrated track record as a manager and leader who has successfully developed a profitable and well regarded P&C insurance sales/service organization, with a proven progressive sales track record I driving results.
- Hands-on manager – enjoys mentoring and direct management of staff, desire to work alongside producers in the field to help originate and close new business opportunities through personal networks and team based sales.
- Highly developed organization and time management skills.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Excellent communication skills, including oral and written communications as well as use of electronic media (e.g. MS Outlook tools).
Hub International Limited - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Hub International is an insurance broker that operates more than 340 offices in a decentralized regional hub-and-satellite-office structure....